We are family-owned and managed; and for three generations our family has been committed to earth-friendly winegrowing. "Sustainable" viticulture is not only good for the environment; it results in higher quality fruit, a prerequisite for crafting world-class wines.
We are searching for a Cellar Worker II, under general supervision, provide support to the Cellar Department. Responsible for various cellar tasks including but not limited to: clean and sanitize equipment, setting up and performing racking and blending. Pumpovers, shoveling, top barrels and measure and calculate workplace data.
• barrel work
• chemical additions
• bottling sterility
• forklift operation
• grape crushing operations
• Education: High Scholl or equivalent GED
• Related Cellar Experience required: 3-5 years
• Requires independent problem solving and the ability to work with others on a constant basis.
• Can remember/recall information, instructions, safety precautions, procedures and protocols.
• Ability to read, write, spell, and speak English.
• Ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple projects.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions; work well under pressure and time limits.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with other staff members, vendors, customers, government agencies/personnel, and/or the general public.
• Able to communicate effectively with others on a constant professional basis.
• Able to tolerate environmental exposures typical in a Cellar environment.
• Able to tolerate environmental exposures including heat, cold, sun, rain, and wind.
• Able to sit on an occasional basis.
• Able to stand or walk on a constant basis.
• Able to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, or crawl on a frequent basis.
• Able to climb and safely balance on ladders.
• Able to work at heights.
• Able to work overhead for extended periods on an occasional basis.
• Able to lift items weighing up to 75lbs. on an occasional basis. This may include lifts from floor level.
Rutherford Wine Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to reply to all inquiries about this position.