Are you an experienced cook who is passionate about food and wine? Wilson Artisan Wineries has an exciting, full-time opportunity available for a Cook I, based at deLorimier Winery. We offer competitive compensation and a robust benefit plan. The standard schedule is Thursday through Monday; however, days and hours will vary.
JOB SUMMARY: The Cook I works under the direction and guidance of the Chef to prepare and present food that delights our guests. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation, tasting, presentation and sanitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs food preparation by washing, measuring, chopping, mixing, slicing, garnishing, etc.
• May also perform baking, broiling, frying, steaming, braising and boiling
• Provides high quality, fresh food to guests using standardized recipes and methods of preparation
• Performs set-up, service and clean-up of food production, including washing/drying dishes
• Provides exceptional guest service
• Practices proper food storage and organization
• Adheres to proper food serving temperatures
• Works in a safe and sanitary manner at all times
• May transport food to other locations
• May run errands and purchase supplies
• Rotates product to reduce spoilage
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 21 years old
• One year of food preparation and sanitation in a commercial kitchen environment
• Strong knowledge of and passion for food and wine
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver license, an acceptable driving record, and reliable and insured transportation
• Excellent communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Able to skillfully prepare and present food
• Able to work effectively as part of a team and also independently
• Able to flex schedule when needed
• Able to effectively listen to and resolve customer concerns/complaints
• Able to stand for extended periods of time
• Able to safely operate standard kitchen equipment
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Culinary Arts degree preferred.
One year of experience in the same or similar role in the wine industry.
Knowledgeable about food and wine pairing.
Active Serve Safe Certification.
Must be completely fluent in English (speak, read, write, type). Bi-lingual preferred.
Able to perform basic calculations and conversions such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, decimals and percentages.
Must be able to analyze information and make sound decisions or recommendations based on same. Able to effectively problem solve and prioritize work tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, arms and fingers to reach, lift, grasp, carry, open/close, chop, slice, cut, seal, etc. Must be able to listen, hear, speak, taste and smell. The employee is required to stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, walk, and climb stairs. The employee may occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The work environment is varied. Work will be performed in a kitchen, tasting room, and outdoors. Must be able to transport oneself to other Company locations and local businesses.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.