BarrelWise Technologies Ltd. (BarrelWise) is developing pragmatic technical solutions that deliver operational efficiencies and data-driven process insights to winemakers around the world. The winemaking industry is at a pivotal point where 8,000 years of tradition are merging with cutting-edge technology to optimize the trade off between wine quality and profitability. This wonderful union of art and science creates fertile grounds for innovation in winemaking solutions, which BarrelWise specializes in developing.
BarrelWise is seeking a highly motivated, personable, detail-oriented Customer Success Representative to initiate, support and expand the company’s product trials at wineries in the North Coast region of California. BarrelWise is at an exciting time in its growth, with significant focus and resources directed towards expansion into key wine regions in North America. Successful applicant will lead these efforts, and take responsibility for strengthening the company’s presence in new territories by establishing the BarrelWise brand as the essential supplier of winemaking technology to the industry.
• Work closely with the Director of Sales to engage qualified winery leads and develop relationships with winemakers, cellar masters, and other key decision makers at target wineries
• Present BarrelWise products to winemaking industry stakeholders, demonstrating functionality and addressing technical questions regarding their design, construction and operation
• Initiate and support winery trials of BarrelWise products by delivering equipment to wineries, guiding installation, conducting on-site training, supervising product operation, troubleshooting, and collecting customer feedback. Successful application will pay careful attention to each winery’s specific requirements, and ensure that trials are conducted with minimum disruption to winery staff while delivering maximum benefit to each individual facility
• Assist with identifying wineries that fit the BarrelWise target customer criteria
• Gather information about winemaking philosophies, production processes, technology needs and adoption barriers at target wineries, and assist the Director of Sales with planning
• Act as the BarrelWise brand ambassador, adhering to BarrelWise values and advancing the company’s vision
Skills and Qualifications
• 2+ years production experience at commercial-scale winery. Relevant academic qualifications (in the fields of Winemaking, Enology, Viticulture, etc.) from a recognized institution preferred
• Excellent wine processing knowledge, specifically in winery cellar operations
• Interest and ability to work with mechanical equipment and execute basic in-field maintenance
• Strong presentation skills. Ability to deliver technical information in a concise, compelling manner, address challenging questions
• Excellent commercial sense, and a drive to discover new business opportunities
• Ability to operate without direct supervision. Self-motivation, a fundamental sense of ownership, and responsibility for assigned tasks, relationships, and opportunities are essential
• A strong desire to become an instrumental part of the BarrelWise team, and acquire additional responsibilities, including strategic planning and managerial duties, as the company grows
• A valid US driving licence ability and willingness to drive to wineries located in California’s North Coast area. Overnight travel is expected to make up less than 10% of all travel requirements.
• A combination of base salary, equity, and bonus
NB: Please include a Cover Letter with your application to tell us what interests you in this role, and why you believe to be a good fit for our company. Applications containing a generic Resume with no other information are unlikely to be successful.