***Flexible Start Date***Position Summary: Under supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and/or the Facility Manager, this hands-on position is responsible for assisting with maintaining, repairing, and upgrading all structures & structural components, property, systems, and equipment associated with the bottling facility. This individual will be responsible for maintaining current compliance requirements related to the facility and its operating and support systems. These systems include: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, production equipment, industrial and sanitary waste water, wells, storage tanks and refrigeration. Additional duties include preparing daily work tasks, completing or arranging emergency repairs, and participating in long-term planning for the winery.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repairs to the bottling line equipment, including labeller, filler, case packer, corker/spinner, palletizer, refrigeration equipment, lighting systems, power systems, water systems, and others as acquired.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repairs to the building and structures including basic carpentry, wiring, plumbing, and other activities as needed.
• Participate in evaluation of maintenance programs to increase efficiency, safety, cost reduction and/or control, and to improve wine quality and staff productivity. Provide recommendations to management team regarding maintenance programs, on a regular basis.
• Monitor all environmental and safety regulations pertaining to bottling and adhere and manage all compliance aspects involving maintenance and property accountability.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere at all times, whether dealing with management, co-workers, clients, vendors, and/or facility guests.
• Maintain clean, organized, and adequately stocked maintenance shop. Store and maintain all equipment & tools, keeping inventory safe and functioning properly at all times.
• Provide assistance to the other Boisset properties as needed, in order to maintain safe, functioning facilities.
• Perform maintenance record keeping as needed, including data entry, creating work orders, developing maintenance calendars, documenting safety training, compliance, and maintenance performance on a regular basis, and providing information as requested to management and/or regulatory agencies such as Cal OSHA.
• Operate according to Facility wide LEAN principles and 5S parameters. Be an active participant in the Continuous Improvement culture effecting ongoing process and workflow improvements.
• Complete emergency repairs to equipment and structures, or arrange for such repairs, on a 24 hour, 7 day schedule. Arrange for emergency coverage prior to taking vacations and/or time away from winery.
• Assist in all other maintenance related tasks as needed, working closely with Operations Director, Winemakers, Cellar Master, Procurement Manager, Planning Manager, Bottling & Inventory Manager and others.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess basic computer skills including e-mail, internet, and keyboarding.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 5-10 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Winery or Food & Beverage Facility experience preferred.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Formal apprenticeship certifications in maintenance skills desirable: welding, electronics, waste water, refrigeration, anhydrous ammonia, etc.
• Heavy physical activity performing regular strenuous activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and other motions. Stability and balance adequate for elevated and/or narrow work areas. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight independently, and up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Clear vision (close and distant), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. Hearing adequate for working safety around machinery, vehicles, and other equipment.
• Indoor and outdoor environment with variable lighting, temperature and/or ventilation. Areas may or may not be heated, air-conditioned, or shaded. Outdoor periods frequently required in changing weather conditions. Exposure to fumes and/or a variety of chemicals. Moderate to high noise levels typical of machinery, power tools, vehicles, and other equipment. (Note: PPE provided for all workers.)
See Boisset Collection Career site for full job description: https://www.boissetcollection.com/employment