Job Title: Accounting Associate
Job Location: CaliPaso Winery and Villa, Paso Robles, CA
Reports to: Controller
Position Summary: The Accounting Associate is responsible for processing accounts payable, payroll functions, maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the accounts payable and payroll records, and assisting in various projects.
The position operates in a fast-paced, diverse, and hands-on environment. As the company continues to grow the Accounting Associate needs to be able to adapt quickly and meet the changing needs.
She/he must be able to work well independently, as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
Candidates must be hands-on, proactive, customer service and achievement oriented, passionate, adaptable, and flexible.
• Perform accounts payable entry daily into QuickBooks
• Match receiving documents to confirm delivery
• Prepare and submit invoices for approval
• Process accounts payable transactions and payments
• Maintain payroll records
• Process Bi-Weekly payroll
• Assist with various HR responsibilities
• Update monthly physical inventory counts
• Participate in various on-going projects
• Provide office administration support
Education, Experience, Certification and Training:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Associates Degree in Accounting highly preferred, or equivalent work-related experience in A/R and A/P.
• Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience (general ledger coding and accounts payable).
• Strong data entry skills with high accuracy rate required.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Experience with general ledger accounting systems preferred, QuickBooks experience a plus.
• Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see , write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry 25 lbs.
• Conditions include working inside. Working closely with others, working alone.
• Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job function include but not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephone, and vehicles. Ability to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary.