This position is responsible for managing the WA & OR market in order to continue to grow the Terlato Wines (TWI) portfolio of prestigious brands. The Region Manager directs and controls the execution of sales and consumer market development plans through key Distributor Principles and education and motivation of the Distributor sales force, to achieve optimum profitable sales volume in all channels. The incumbent must effectively develop and maintain positive relationships with wholesalers to drive sales performance through programming. A premium is placed on effective distributor management, leadership, managing people, and interaction with the Sales Leadership Team. This position is heavily focused on leading and providing education and hand selling of TWI’s select brands to key on/off premise and chain accounts. The incumbent is expected to understand and embrace the Terlato family philosophy, passion and company culture.
• Manages portfolio/business within the state of WA & OR.
• Responsible for all State Financials: Budgets, Depletions, Pricing, and Profit Analysis.
• Drives the decision process to meet nation wide objectives and business forecasts. Ensures entire division is operating functionally and profitably.
• Responsible for 80% focus on distributor management and 20% focus in field to work with District Manager Training & Development, local Chain Leads, GM, VP of AE’s, VP of merchandising execution, and down to DM) to ensure accountability of plan by account
and account visits in all channels.
• Develops market plans and programming with Distributor Partners to ensure TWI goals are being met.
• Manages the execution of standards within the Distributor Partners, including holding the distributor accountable to meet goals and implement market plans effectively.
• Builds relationships with top key accounts in all channels.
• Works closely with the National Chain Account Manager to ensure he/she is familiar with national on/off premise strategies and programs.
• Presents to chain account HQ in all markets. Creates, presents and secures chain programs and planners
• Works closely with Director of Pricing to maintain pricing standards and minimize Depletion Allowances in the market
• Collaborates with Marketing Managers to create specific programs for chains
• Develops Terlato distribution by effectively presenting SKU extensions, new brands and cluster expansion of existing items.
• Monitors existing distribution and through programming, ensure it is healthy and growing
• Expert at analyzing and utilizing account-level data (e.g. Nielsen’s, IRI) in order to gain Terlato share
• Daily/Weekly communication with chain leads in all markets.
• Sets expectations of distributor performance, monitors results and manages distributor to succeed
• Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed sales goals.
• Results Oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success.
• Judgment: Makes sound business decisions, in a timely, quality manner.
• Creativity: Inspires creative thought and “out of the box” ideas that grow the territory’s business.
• Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management. Maximizes company profitability and resources in the most effective manner.
• Leadership: Effectiveness in inspiring TWI to perform at maximum capability.
• Sales Ability: Effectiveness in inspiring customers to purchase our products.
• Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Sales Management.
• Extensive sales and chain management experience including developing relationships, creating chain programs, launching new products, growing new and existing business and managing business profitability
Vast knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word)
Outstanding knowledge in high-quality specialty wine.
• 7 -10 years of experience in the wine/spirits industry
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Valid Driver’s license
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Reports to Vice President of Sales, West Region
Personal Skills and Qualities
• Strong business acumen and sales analysis
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to self-direct projects
• History of delivering high quality work on short deadlines
• Results oriented
• Competitive Urgency
• In control of the facts of one’s business
• Accountability and trust
• Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills
• Effective in managing people and talent development
• Concise, articulate and productive communication style
• Self-motivation with the ability to manage competing priorities
• Passion for Work and Terlato Wines