We are searching for 4 interns -- 2 interns at 2 different wineries in the Walla Walla Valley.
The wineries are small and premium, both with estate vineyards, and at the cutting edge of winemaking in the region. Production is about 2800 cases at one and 4000 at the other. Which you are assigned to will be up to the winemaker.
Timeframe: August to November-December 2020, full time.
This position requires harvest experience and that the candidates be strong, hard-working, dependable, punctual, detail-oriented, able to follow directions, possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic along with great interpersonal and team skills. Although efforts will be given for time off, you must be willing and able to work back to back days with no time off if harvest dictates such. We have fun but we work hard and strive to make the best wine possible every year.
Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive), under direction of winemaker:
• Cleaning and sanitizing winery crush equipment
• Cluster and berry sorting/selection
• Fermentation and extraction management
• Collecting juice and wine samples, keeping records
• Miscellaneous tasks, running errands
• Barrel prep & filling
• Removing pomace from tanks, cleaning and sanitizing tanks, hoses, pumps
• Vineyard sampling and picking if needed
• Positive attitude, punctuality, reliability, professionalism; dedicated to making the best wine possible and the hard work and sacrifices that entails
• Maintain high attention to detail and good attitude over long hours/days, with little time off
• Come to work well-rested and ready to work hard and be safe
• Take direction well
• Have good physical strength and stamina
Please email your resume and cover letter to address at link below.