Rain Dance Vineyards is home to 120 acres of farmland including 73 under vine, wildlife corridors, preserved native trees and over 100 llamas who add a unique twist to our sustainability program. We produce homegrown wines and provide gracious hospitality in our elegant country setting complete with tranquil views from our covered porch and patio, and a selection of artwork and estate woodwork.
We are looking to add a part time tasting room associate to our small team that will require working both Saturdays and Sundays. We are seeking an individual with wine knowledge to educate, sell our wines and provide the best possible experience to all of our guests by developing relationships that promote sales and brand loyalty.
• Provide and ensure friendly, courteous and professional guest service
• Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of wines and vineyards to educate guests about the winery story
• Guide guests through a tasting experience
• Host and assist with occasional special events
• Encourage customers to buy wines and enroll in our wine club
• Accurately handle routine purchasing transactions with the cash register
• Open & close the tasting room
• Restock wine and merchandise from the stock room into the Tasting Room
• Wash and polish stemware
• Conduct general housekeeping to ensure tasting room is clean and properly equipped
• Provide and ensure responsible beverage service
• Other duties as assigned
• Must possess a passion and knowledge of wine
• Able to sell wine with 1+ years of customer service and sales experience
• Able to work weekends and occasional holidays and evenings (required)
• Able to stand for extended periods of time and able to lift/carry 50 lbs
• Must be computer proficient, POS knowledge preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current OLCC card
• Able to follow policies and procedures
• Professional appearance
Hourly wage based on experience and skills. Generous membership enrollment incentives, paid on a monthly basis.