Founded in 2007, Vinify Wine Services is a premium custom crush winery located in Santa Rosa, CA. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the very best winemaking equipment and services. Our clients are some of the top wineries / winemakers in the region and they work with some of the best grapes from Napa Valley, Russian River Valley, Sonoma Coast, Anderson Valley and beyond.
Vinify is hiring a full time, skilled cellar worker to start immediately. This is an opportunity for an experienced cellar hand who is looking for new knowledge and a new challenge. At Vinify, you will work with lots of different varieties, many skilled and passionate winemakers and a small, tight knit cellar team.
• The successful candidate must be able to work in a safety-oriented environment with our full time and seasonal staff, as well as our client winemakers.
• Work is performed inside and outside and at a variety of temperatures.
• Winery sanitation is a big part of the job. Cleaning of floors, equipment, barrels and tanks. The handling of various cellar chemicals is required as part of sanitation.
• Perform topping, barrel racking, barrel filling and other cellar tasks by following company SOPs and work orders.
• Operate winery equipment including: forklifts, pumps, pressure washers, barrel cleaners, steam machine, ozone machine, pressure racking wands, compressed gasses, and all grape processing equipment and presses.
• High school education
• Hard working, punctual, personable and takes pride in the job. Ability to work well as part of a team and with people of different backgrounds is a must.
• Ability to follow verbal directions and detailed written instructions in English.
• This a physically demanding, hands-on position. You must have the ability work on your feet for long periods of time, climb up and down ladders safely and lift 50 pounds.
• 2+ years of cellar experience
• Skilled on the forklift.
• Spanish language skills a plus but not required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when needed, especially at harvest.
• Competitive / DOE.
• Company sponsored health insurance plan.
• Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Reply to this posting with cover letter and resume. Please no phone calls.