Doubleback is a family-owned winery producing Ultra-Premium wines in Walla Walla Washington. We are a small passionate team seeking motivated individuals to fill our harvest cellar intern position. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on cellar experience. The position will offer training in all aspects of wine production.
- Cleaning and sanitation of crush equipment and winery facilities
- Barrel work
- Punch downs, pump-overs, brix readings, juice and wine sampling
- Fermentation additions
- Various other duties around the winery
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have an attention to details and possess a hard work ethic.
- Previous cellar experience or education in Enology preferred but not necessary
- Previous forklift experience preferred
- Be able to work long hours on their feet in a fast paced environment
- Physically fit and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Work seven days a week
Ideal start date is 8/19/2020; Full-time availability required from mid-august to early November, 2019. Job duration is dependent on vintage.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume along with a list of references.