Located 30 minutes north of Charlottesville, Virginia, Early Mountain crafts premium wines while supporting Virginia’s ascent as a world-class wine region. Founded in 2012 and owned by former AOL executives and tech pioneers Jean Case and her husband Steve, Early Mountain draws inspiration from centuries of global winegrowing heritage, while embracing evolution and innovation essential to Virginia competing beyond its own borders. We are a fun, talented and growing team dedicated to providing our customers and community with exceptional wines and service. We move at a very fast pace and rely on entrepreneurial initiative and creative drive to make things happen. We’re also committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and championing the overall Virginia wine and food community.
Early Mountain is seeking interns for the 2020 harvest. Internships start in August (exact timeframe TBD) and end approximately early November or December (season dependent).
Job responsibilities will include:
• Cleaning and sanitation of work environment
• Fruit processing: fruit intake, sorting, destemming, crushing, press operation
• Fermentation monitoring
• Pumpover, punchdowns, rackings
• Assist in bottling operations
• Perform other cellar duties as needed
• Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting 50 lbs. on a regular basis
• Willingness to work long hours and up to 7 days a week at times
• Understanding of general winemaking practices
• Previous harvest and/or lab skills
• A positive attitude, sense of humor and keen eye for detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Must have own transportation
• Spanish speaking skills are a plus
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
Compensation: Interns will be paid hourly and are eligible for overtime pay.
Please send cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.