Abbott Claim is a winery located just outside of Carlton, Oregon. We focus on making small production, high-quality Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines from our organically farmed estate vineyard as well as choice sites around the Willamette Valley.
We are seeking a passionate, hard-working individual to add to our small team and help produce the first vintage to come out of our newly built winery. You will work closely with and be an integral part of the winemaking team. If not a US citizen, you must be eligible for a J1 Visa. We are happy to do our part to help in that process.
The ideal candidate will be available from mid-August to November, be able to work long hours and weekends if needed. Previous experience is a plus.
You would be assigned to a range of tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Vineyard sampling
- Running crush equipment and sorting fruit
- Forklift operation
- Barrel work
- Cap management ~ pigeages & pump-overs
- Press operations
- Juice/wine transfers
- Daily fermentation monitoring
- Equipment sanitization/cleaning
- Lab work
Qualifications we’d like to see:
- A deep, genuine love for french cheeses and mexican food
- A passion for great wine, and the metric system
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- A high attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Able to accurately complete work instructions individually or within a team
- Able to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time and go up and down stairs
- Able to drive and work legally in the US
- Pass a drug test
- Some Spanish speaking skills are a plus
In return, we are happy to provide you with:
- Lunch, as long as fruit is coming in and until we finish pressing
- Dinner, on nights we work late
- Competitive hourly pay within the Valley, including overtime
- We can assist in finding housing
If this still sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.