The Field Development Manager is responsible for sales execution and for leading and achieving business plans and performance objectives within assigned markets across multiple geographies. This position is responsible for the implementation and execution of strategic sales initiatives to increase business opportunities and generate revenue from key accounts, leading a sales team, collaborating with sales teams, and driving wholesalers to deliver the annual plan.
Focus on our People and our Customers:
Lead your team to promote, sell and build relationships with customers and distributors throughout their respective region to execute company goals and objectives. The Field Development Manager will spend approximately 80% of time executing sales in assigned marketplace and 20% of time partnering with distributor(s).
The following reflects the essential functions for this job. Leadership may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or the needs of the business.
• Provide leadership, coach, guide, mentor and develop a high-performance team for optimal execution and results. Build respectful relationships – promote an environment of trust and open communication. Lead by example.
• Performance Management: Conduct annual performance reviews, provide periodic formal and informal performance feedback to direct reports and regularly communicate with team to achieve mutual understanding and desired results.
• Develop and retain World Class Sales Execution Leaders.
• Execute sales plans and unique marketing solutions with customers in markets necessary to achieve winery brand growth and financial objectives.
• Collaborate across all departments and champions the Trinchero Family Estates "One Team" approach.
• Influence and engage distributor partners, and broker relationships through the establishment of quarterly, and annual sales goals and objectives for case volume, distribution and revenues.
• Execute brand standards and channel priorities in all channels.
• Analyze market conditions and provide strategic insights on the competitive and category landscape to leadership.
• Responsible for the execution of key sales drivers.
• Research and develop key and target account lists utilizing the 80/20 rule.
• Responsible for utilizing sales tools (KARMA, VIP, Data Essentials, Nielsen’s, Power BI) effectively to grow existing business and identify new opportunities.
• Participate in community events and activities while representing the winery in a manner consistent with our values and goals.
• Regularly monitor and analyze market performance to ensure goals are on track to be met.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field.
• Experience: Significant sales execution management experience with increasing levels of responsibility for strategy and program development.
• Proven success in leading, training, coaching and mentoring high-performance teams.
• Sales experience required.
• Highly organized and committed to continuous improvement in this area.
• Demonstrated leadership and successful track record of achieving results.
• Strong business acumen: know the industry, competition, and trends affecting the business.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation, negotiation and conflict management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite and software applications related to job functions.
• Knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
• Frequent travel, both by car, air or train
• Ability to lift at least 45 pounds (case of wine)
• Regular working schedule to include evenings and weekends
• Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
• Moderate to heavy physical work
Support & Develop Our People, Focus on Our Customers, Lead & Influence Our Partners