Pine Ridge has been dedicated to crafting Cabernet Sauvignon for over 40 years. Blending the restraint and tradition of Bordeaux with the vibrancy of California results in Cabernet Sauvignon–based wines that truly express their origin. Located in the Stags Leap District of Napa Valley, Pine Ridge Vineyards is comprised of 11 estate vineyards in Napa's best appellations. We focus on Cabernet Sauvignon from Stags Leap District, Howell Mountain, Oakville, Rutherford, and a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
The Tasting Room Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Tasting Room, while working collaboratively with the other managers at the winery to ensure delivery of a seamless customer experience as well as optimal management of the business. The Tasting Room Manager oversees the overall retail room operations while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
• Successfully develop, grow the business and increase wine sales for the established Tasting Room.
• Achieve sales and profitability goals; plan properly and motivate staff to hit these goals. Report results accurately and on a timely basis.
• Achieve wine club sign up and data collection goals.
• Deliver a customer experience that provides beyond-expectation customer service, tells our winery story, and creates winery fans.
• Effectively manage staff to deliver financial, sales and service expectations.
• Demonstrates leadership and personal support to tasting room staff. Helps coach, guide and develop tasting room staff into a strong sales and service focused team. Provides clear direction and support to staff regarding sales initiatives and programs.
• Work collaboratively and effectively with other team members at the winery tasting room as well as other departments, such as Wine Club and Events.
• Accurately manage and track inventory of wine and merchandise.
• Hire, train, schedule & supervise staff.
• Manage Tasting Room floor operations which include, but are not limited to maintaining housekeeping standards, conducting opening and closing procedures including cash handling, and overseeing tasting menu and programs.
• Plan, execute, and achieve retail sales forecasts through tasting room activities and events open to club members and the public.
• Manage the P&L for the Tasting Room. Control business activities to assure that sales and expenses meet budgetary goals. Track revenue and spending.
• Generate and execute ideas to build tasting room traffic. Track and measure success of programs and campaigns.
• Develop compelling and unique visitor programs and experience.
• Manages all DTC indoor and outdoor spaces to ensure optimal customer experience.
• Conduct tasting programs, VIP experiences & events.
• Work with the Special Events department and Wine Club Manager to coordinate and optimize programs and events.
• Maintain daily, weekly and monthly sales tracking spreadsheets.
• Submit all reports to accounting and senior management as required, including daily sales, monthly inventory, and monthly performance analysis.
• Troubleshoot POS register and other systems as needed, while working with the IT department.
• Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies as well as applicable laws.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• College degree in business/retail management, hospitality or wine marketing, or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
• Minimum of five years supervisory experience, ideally in sales focused organizations, required.
• Three to five years of prior relevant retail tasting room or consumer direct sales experience required.
• Understand how to sell and enhance a luxury brand.
• Exceptional people and sales skills. Strong rapport-building with both customers and the community.
• Excellence in creating and providing guest experiences in keeping with winery’s core values and brand image.
• Ability to handle stressful and chaotic situations while remaining calm and service focused.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals with the ability to accurately forecast and plan via sound business analysis.
• Ability to develop and execute new plans and programs.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively train, manage and motivate teams.
• Knowledge of wine, wine production and the wine industry.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of detail is required.
• Strong work ethic with ability to take initiative, work independently, and be self-directed.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level is required. Excel skills to include monthly sales summaries and budgets.
• Functional understanding of CRM and POS systems.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
• Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. and stand for extended periods.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.