Founded on Paul Hobbs’s pioneering spirit and adventurous pursuit of innovation and discovery, Paul Hobbs Wines is a highly curated selection of superior quality wines. Through sustainable farming, meticulous vineyard management, and minimally invasive winemaking techniques, each wine expresses its vineyard origins with finesse, complexity and authenticity. Paul Hobbs Wines represents exceptional vineyards, appellations and historic sites from around the world: California (Hobbs, Paul Hobbs Winery and CrossBarn), Argentina (Viña Cobos), France (Crocus), and Armenia (Yacoubian-Hobbs), with new projects in New York’s Finger Lakes region (Hillick & Hobbs) and Galicia, Spain.
The Cellar Worker is responsible for performing all cellar & facility operations to company protocols and standards. This includes all routine cellar work, bottling, forklift and machinery operations, sanitation, and basic equipment and facility upkeep.
This position includes a full benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, insurance (health, dental, vision) and 401k with company match.
• Perform day-to-day cellar work to company standards and protocols.
• Responsible for properly filling out work orders and other documents as directed.
• Ability to recognize basic wine faults by sight, smell and taste.
• Responsible for following client protocols and interacting with clients in a professional manner.
• Ability to accurately inventory barrels, bottling supplies, equipment, and various tools.
• Responsible for maintaining the organization of equipment as directed by the cellar master.
• Responsible to follow all company safety protocols as directed.
• Cognizant of company standards in organization, cleanliness, efficiency, and productivity.
• Inform management of low inventories and damaged or improperly performing equipment.
• Act as managers to temporary employees to ensure cellar and safety procedures are followed.
• Assist in training temporary staff on company procedures and protocols.
• Ability to take the lead on projects as needed.
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
1. Minimum of 6 months of cellar experience.
2. Must be able to pass pre-employment physical.
3. Basic reading, writing and math skills.
4. Ability to drive a forklift.
5. Must be able to work nights, overtime, and weekends when required.
1. Ability to lift, move, and carry 50 lbs.
2. Able to work in adverse conditions: hot/cold weather, rain, mud, soft soil, dust, etc.
3. Able to sit and/or walk and stand for most of the day: twist, bend, crouch, extend and have full range of motion in all varieties of physical movement.
4. Ability to perform repetitive hand motions (i.e. gripping) and perform skilled hand labor for 4 to 5 hours continuously, and up to 12 hours per day.
1. Quality / performance driven, seeks to excel, keen eye for detail.
2. Communicates in an articulate, concise, clear, transparent and intuitive manner.
3. “Can do attitude”. Fair, friendly, firm, authentic, self-aware.
4. Strong work ethic, strong organizational skills and can smoothly manages shifting priorities.
5. Works well individually/collectively.
6. Possesses sound judgment. Curious, high integrity, responsible, collaborative.
7. Good critical thinking capabilities. Seeks constant incremental improvement. Takes initiative and gets it done.