Vineyard Management Company is in search of a full-time and experienced Accounting Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete month-end close process, including monthly journal entries.
• Work with Bookkeeping Assistant to confirm all daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Work closely with company ownership, providing financial and other operational information as requested
• Supervises and trains day-to-day general accounting functions and accounting operations.
• Support accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll desks as requested
• Maintain and prepare reports as requested, client budgets – most of this is done in Excel
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism with confidential and sensitive issues
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Accounting and finance experience required
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, GAAP
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills - Ability to relate well with others and establish positive working relations; cooperative; "team player"
• Ability to achieve understanding and exchange of ideas through effective listening and clear timely communications, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to independently set priorities, performs job duties in an orderly fashion, and complete job duties with efficiency
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Ability to present information in an easily understanding manner
• Must have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Proficiency with computer applications such as MS Office: Outlook, Excel and Word
• Strong Excel skills required