Bogle Vineyards is a recognized leader for producing highly acclaimed wines, sourced from the best vineyards in California and crafted with artisan winemaking techniques. We are a family-owned and operated winery, led by 3rd generation winegrowers who are committed to drawing on the best lessons from the past to make the future even better.
Bogle Vineyards is an iconic brand that has gained the trust and loyalty of wine drinkers globally.
Bogle Vineyards is committed to empowering all our employees, many who have been with us for decades. We are located in the heart of the exceptional AVA of Clarksburg, CA.
We are currently searching for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join our Maintenance Team!
POSITION SUMMARY: The position is an integral member of the Maintenance team, providing a wide range of hands on mechanical, skills & knowledge in the support of all the teams’ activities in the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of all aspects of Winery production equipment and infrastructure.
• Performs scheduled Preventative Maintenance tasks, unplanned critical repairs and Continual Improvement Program upgrades, on all types of winery production and facility equipment and infrastructure.
• Follows, supports and implements all aspects of the company’s Safety Policies & Procedures.
• Equipment includes but not limited to;
o Mobile pumps & sumps, hoses, valves and fittings.
o Grape de-stemmers, wine presses, conveyors & hoists.
o Barrel processing equipment.
• Infrastructure systems include but not limited to;
o Plant refrigeration, building conditioning, HVAC.
o Water supply/distribution, wastewater and stormwater collection, treatment & disposal.
o Compressed air & gasses - production, storage
o Buildings - fabric & fixtures.
• Activities performed include, but not limited to;
o Routine monitoring, lubrication, performance assessment of equipment & systems.
o Disassembly, parts replacement, reassembly of mechanical equipment.
o Welding and fabrication.
o Liquid & gas plumbing.
o Documentation of work performed.
o Electrical troubleshooting & repair, if capable.
• Maintains workplace cleanliness, including organizing tools, parts and equipment.
• Other duties as required and assigned by Departmental Supervision and Management.
• All Maintenance team members are expected to perform in an interactive manner within the Workgroup;
o Providing & seeking feedback and information with their supervision and peers.
o Learning from and sharing knowledge with, co-workers in a positive, collaborative culture.
• Strong mechanical aptitude/mechanical skills are essential. Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking skills
• Experience working in a manufacturing/production environment.
• Possess a strong “Safety Awareness” - Understand the importance of safe working practices and perform them routinely.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Skilled in the use of hand & power tools.
• Able to work at heights.
• Ability to read and interpret Operational Manuals & Documentation and Specification/Data sheets for equipment & components.
• CA Driver’s License required and must be insurable by company’s insurance provider;
• Open communication style;
• Willingness to help with any given task;
• Ability to follow directions and ask questions if unsure;
• Ability to perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner;
• Available to work overtime on a regular basis, during Harvest season; August - October
• 5yrs, or more, experience in the field of equipment maintenance.
• LOTO / Confined Space Entry experience.
• Understanding/experience of electrical power distribution or industrial controls is considered very valuable.
• Forklift & aerial lift operation experience.
• Plumbing, building electrical & fabrication experience.
• Welding skills; TIG & MIG.
• Completion of two years of Post-Secondary education or formal training in an industrial mechanical trade.
• Experience working with work orders from a Managed Maintenance System.
• Ability to contribute to the creation of Operational and Maintenance manuals & procedures for existing or upgraded systems & equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working conditions in winery operations can be hot or cold, wet, slippery and noisy, and involves exposure to potentially hazardous conditions. Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds, stand, bend, twist, grasp, push and pull for periods of time. Must be able to work at heights. Seasonal variation in workload and long hours during harvest are required.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and key responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and key responsibilities.