Brand Manager Job Duties:
• In conjunction with the VP of Portfolio Management, develops a strategic plan to maximize the distribution and marketing of the suppliers in their portfolio.
• Provides data and analysis to VP of Portfolio Management on a regular basis to include possible new items, discontinued items and correct inventory levels.
• Develops overall brand strategy by effectively using internal data, market research and competitive intelligence Works with leaders of sales team to ensure that brand strategy is translated to marketplace activities that drive sales and profits.
• Attend monthly brand meetings, prepare and present recaps on brand accomplishments, provide depletion, goal reviews of brands by suppliers and update management team on any problems with select brands.
• Works in market with sales team to visit key accounts and help market some of their brands.
• Develops strong relationship and communication with assigned suppliers including follow up as needed.
• Act as point person on pricing and troubleshoot pricing issues.
• Provides appropriate brand training to sales force including presentations and marketing material
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Arrives to work, appointments, meetings, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Special Events coordination for internal staff and external suppliers/customers.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
Brand Manager Skills and Qualifications:
• Lifting up to 40 lbs., sitting, bending, reaching, driving, visual acuity and manual dexterity.
• Bachelor's degree required. Concentration in Marketing or Business Administration preferred.
• Three plus years' experience working in the wine industry in either a marketing or sales position.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Superior follow through and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
• Understanding of pricing to the marketplace.
• Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of Diver application
• Working knowledge of Apprise or Navision application Valid Driver's License
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening