Adelsheim Vineyard was founded over forty years ago and is the first winery in the Chehalem Mountains. We produce around 30,000 cases of wine annually at our modern winemaking facility. Our production is focused on Pinot noir and Chardonnay, but we also produce a handful of artisanal small batch wines including Pinot blanc, Syrah, and sparkling wine.
We are seeking full-time seasonal interns to join our production staff for the 2020 harvest. One of these positions is a lab-specific role with limited cellar work; prior lab experience is a necessity, particularly including densitometer, spectrometer, Oenofoss, and auto-titrator work. The remaining positions will encompass regular cellar work. Please specify which of these roles you are most interested in.
Prior harvest experience is not a requirement, though a genuine interest in learning about wine is. Typically, positions will start in early September and end sometime in November, depending on the growing season.
Based on experience, our interns will be assigned to a range of tasks including but not limited to the following:
• Vineyard sampling
• Running crush equipment and sorting fruit
• Forklift operation
• Barrel work
• Cap management
• Press operations
• Juice/wine transfers
• Additions and inoculations
• Daily fermentation monitoring
• Equipment sanitization/cleaning
• Possess a positive attitude and a sense of humor
• Flexible and willing to work varying shifts, overtime, and weekends
• Able to read, write, speak and understand English
• Able to accurately complete work instructions individually or in a team
• Attention to detail and a commitment to quality
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Forklift certification a plus
Please email your CV and other relevant information. No phone calls, please.