Situated in the western hills of Oakville, Promontory combines the state of the art in winemaking with deep ties to Napa Valley’s past. The vineyards that supply this innovative winery lie in a remote territory that has remained hidden since the days when stagecoaches traversed its terrain en route from Napa to Sonoma. The rare convergence of soil types on the property yields red wines of unprecedented character that are unlike any others in the region. Our employees are committed to providing our patrons and guests with the finest experiences.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Accountant. This position will be responsible for financial accounting matters, including general ledger, preparation of financial statements, administration of company policies and implementation of internal accounting controls. This position will be primarily responsible for preparing the Company's internal financial statements and various schedules and analyses for the Company's regular reviews. This position will help to supervise a Junior Accountant working on the various aspects of the finance department responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounting and Finance
• Coordinate annual budget process with department managers and upload final budget into Navision.
• Generate, compile and distribute monthly budget-to-actual reports and balance-of-year forecast to managers for variance review.
• Assist with cash flow reporting as required.
• Complete month end processes preparation of month and year end financial statements.
• Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for review.
• Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by Junior Accountant.
• Calculate annual standard costs for inventory and upload into Navision.
• Revalue standard costs as required.
• Provide key analytical data each month, including volume, revenue, GP data providing explanation for variances vs Budget & Prior Year.
• Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with budgets through proper approval process.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant experience required.
• Four to six years prior accounting experience ideally within the Wine Industry.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Willingness to take ownership for areas of responsibility and continuously improve business efficiencies.
• Excellent systems understanding at both overall and detail level, including ability to implement and document new procedures as required.
• Strong understanding of GAAP.
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills.
• Project-based experience, ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, work as part of a team as well as work independently with minimal oversight to accomplish objectives.
• Proficiency with MS-Office, Navision and expertise in Excel is required.
• Practical knowledge of CRM is preferred.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Promontory’s mission.
• Willingness to propose ideas and discuss issues in a group setting.
• A dynamic self-starter with ability to identify tasks which require attention and with ability to design and explain a program to reach a solution.
• Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data to both financial and non-financial stake holders in the business.
Willingness and ability to:
• Lift and handle materials weighing up to 40 pounds
• Sit at desk for extended periods
• Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry, and reach over shoulder
Pacific Union Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.