Bin to Bottle Winery is seeking an experienced bottling or canning line operator. Applicants should have 4-5 years of experience operating bottling and canning lines and be familiar with operating various types of winery equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively operate bottling and/or canning lines and ensure all equipment is operating correctly
• Read and interpret work order instructions and accurately record daily activities using clear and legible terminology
• Provide leadership and direction for team members helping on the bottling line
• Teach and train team members to assist with daily line operations
• Understand and follow OSHA Safety Guidelines
• Learn and follow Winery Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Integrates with existing team to ensure continued efficient operations
• Manages operation of all pieces of equipment on the lines to meet or exceed established production goals in a cost-effective manner.
• Utilize electronic interfaces for modern equipment – program and control as needed
• Performs line changes, sanitation, quality control and productive maintenance on all bottling/canning equipment.
• Effectively communicate with Cellar leaders and the Logistics Manager to address and resolve scheduling, operations and personnel issues.
• Interfaces with cellar, lab and facility colleagues to ensure projects are managed in a timely manner, supplies are readily available, resources are allocated efficiently, and
deadlines are met.
• Assist with other cellar and winery projects as needed when not operating bottling lines
• Works with facility team on keeping the winery clean.
• Promotes teamwork and supports a healthy, professional environment for all winery personnel.
• 4+ years bottling/packaging equipment line operating experience.
• Mechanical skills to operate bottling line equipment required; familiarity with repair and maintenance of bottling/canning line and winery equipment a plus.
• Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc.
• Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs., and to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, climbing and twisting in the performance of various tasks
• Competitive wage and benefits offered