We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
The Director, Marketplace Intelligence will have responsibility for delivering against the consumer obsessed reporting needs for Constellation Brands, including Total Beverage Alcohol, Beer, Wine, and Spirits. This role will deliver high impact marketplace insights, enable intuitive access to powerful analytical tools for CBI Decision Makers, and support 'one version of the truth' across the organization. The role will report directly into the VP, Data Solutions, and will be a part of the Growth Team.
* Enable 'one version of the truth' for marketplace business performance reporting at Constellation across third-party (POS) datasets by leading the delivery of meaningful, insightful, compelling, and highly anticipated business performance reports that will be distributed across the organization.
* Ensure topline monthly POS reporting is consolidated and streamlined to deliver actionable insights in an efficient process.
* Work closely with the eCommerce team to deliver quarterly reporting
* Drive the development and continuous improvement of Constellation's Polaris analytics suite which delivers marketplace information into the hands of decision makers in an intuitive and comprehensive format.
* Partner with IT, Data Activation and external data and technology providers to evaluate new platform capabilities, reporting solutions, and datasets to optimize analytical platforms. Work together to resolve data issues and recommend best-practice reporting applications.
* Analyze and synthesize primary data sources and lead collaboration among cross-functional business partners to develop comprehensive performance insights.
* Facilitate the development & delivery of training programs/materials and implement Lifecycle Management process for standard reporting packages.
* Oversee product changes for IRI Restatements, including category coding improvements.
* Oversee the production of Market/CBI performance reports, supporting the Executive Team, Investor Relations, Communications, Legal, and External Reporting.
* Provide input into the quarterly performance summaries for each division.
* Collaborate with Investor Relations and Consumer Insights & Analytics teams to ensure alignment with internal/external messaging for quarterly business performance.
* Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed, often supporting Investor Relations for Conferences, Quarterly Earnings Call preparation, and fielding questions from the Investment community.
* Manage, coach, and develop a team of reporting specialists.
* Cross-functional team management spanning IT, Data Management Office, Finance, Strategy, Investor Relations, Legal, as well as business leaders in brand marketing, sales, insights, and analytics across beer, wine, and spirits.
* BS/BA required
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in related field.
* Experience managing and using syndicated data (IRI and Nielsen) required.
* Growth mindset where nothing is fixed, and everything can be developed with effort.
* Proven desire and ability to think creatively coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strategic thinker with tenacity and a track record of driving change.
* Excellent communication skills; very articulate, strong public speaking and writing skills, persuasive interpersonal skills, active listener.
* Strong team player. Proven ability to work with multiple constituents across the business.
* Excellent organizational skills, project management, ability to prioritize, and solid commercial and financial acumen.
* Strong PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter able to work without daily guidance.
* Proven track record of managing a team.
* MBA or other advanced degree
* FMCPG and/or Beverage Alcohol experience
* Five or more years' experience managing and using syndicated data (IRI and Nielsen)
* Working knowledge of MicroStrategy and other BI tools
* Expert knowledge of the unique datasets in the beer, wine, and spirits categories is desired.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel up to 30%.
Victor, New York
Canandaigua, New York, Chicago, Illinois
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expre