Founded in 1997, Kosta Browne is one of North America’s most revered wineries, recognized for making some of the world’s finest Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. Located in Sebastopol, Sonoma County, and guided by an acclaimed team, Kosta Browne makes appellation and single-vineyard wines from the most coveted cool-climate vineyards across California and is part of the Duckhorn Portfolio.
Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: The Hospitality Coordinator is responsible for representing the high standards of quality and service Kosta Browne is known for while delighting and educating customers and guests before, during and after their on-site experiences. The actions of this position should positively influence customer/guest attitudes resulting in new customer acquisition, deeper customer retention and/or customer referrals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set up, break down and host daily winery tours and tastings as well as small group lunches and dinners
• Periodically host customers off-site for lunch, dinner or vineyard visits
• Through e-mail, phone and text, coordinate and confirm visitation appointments. Close the loop with any required follow-up
• Collaborate with Customer Service to efficiently capture and/or update customer profiles
• Maintain and increase customer acquisition and retention
• Keep master hospitality calendar up to date
• Assist in all aspects of planning and execution for larger private events
• Oversee and maintain hospitality inventory and wine
• Collaborate with Hospitality team and Sales & Marketing to initiate testable programs
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with Customer Service to provide overflow assistance during release periods
• Any, and all, other duties assigned or re-assigned by the supervisor
• 3+ years recent experience in hospitality, preferably with a luxury brand or fine dining
• Intimate knowledge of local Sonoma County wineries, luxury hotels and fine dining restaurants with a focus on the town of Healdsburg, Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast, personal contacts a plus
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of general winemaking and viticulture techniques
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to anticipate customer needs and react appropriately
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to lift 45 pounds
• Continuously stand for periods up to 90 minutes and walk up to two miles daily
• Flexible schedule that includes some nights and scheduled weekends
• Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce and PowerPoint a plus
• Must have a clean DMV record, may drive company vehicles
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with a resume and letter of introduction.