POSITION SUMMARY: Tasting Room Manager, MARK HEROLD WINES
The Tasting Room Manager will guide the DTC team in driving sales growth and serve as the face of Mark Herold Wines to the community through polished hospitality skills and strategic outreach tactics. Key to this position is strong leadership, enthusiasm, exceptional and consistent customer service, professionalism, organization, attention to detail and timely execution.
This role is an opportunity for a self-motivated individual to introduce, implement and manage new ideas and protocol that help grow tasting room sales and attract, build and maintain a loyal customer base for Mark Herold Wines. The Tasting Room Manager will be accountable and responsible for all aspects of the Tasting Room operations in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing. These responsibilities include management of DTC sales, staffing, outreach and wine club.
The primary role of the Tasting Room Manager is to be the face of Mark Herold Wines through polished hospitality skills both on and off premise and outreach initiatives around the community. An ideal candidate will have impeccable leadership skills and provide a positive, professional working environment for their team. Additional responsibilities include establishing hours of operation, curating tasting menus, managing inventory of collateral materials including wine club brochures & tasting cards, tasting room employee protocol/handbook as staffing needs evolve, and stocking of necessary supplies.
• Sales: Responsible for generating sales through guest tastings, phone sales, special event bookings and corporate gift sales.
• Staffing: Additional staff may be added when business levels and/or an expansion of hours dictate. Maintain a monthly schedule. Manage all tasting room employees.
• Marketing: Responsible for collaboration on a quarterly tasting room marketing calendar with Director of Sales & Marketing. Regular social media maintenance as benefits
• Outreach: Responsible for building trade partnerships with hotels, resorts, wineries, restaurants, limo drivers and other related businesses to drive traffic and sales.
• Wine Club: Responsible for working with the Wine Club Manager on building wine club membership to meet annual sales objectives. Checking in with Wine Club Manager
regularly to ensure club maintenance and club runs are being executed smoothly, assisting/supporting when necessary.
• Financials: Responsible for meeting sales goals and reporting budget vs. actual with Director of Sales & Marketing, controlling/reporting pour costs, maintaining profitability.
Additionally, responsible for ensuring all invoicing related to the Tasting Room and expense reporting is provided to accounting in a timely manner and weekly cash deposits
• Events & Off Site Tastings: Attending industry events for networking as needed, to establish any necessary hotel relationships for tasting nights and representing MHW at
these events, proposing any direct to consumer related events/tastings or travel to help increase sales revenue.
• Inventory: Managing regular inventory counts and providing these to accounting by the 5th day of each month. Working with Wine Club Manager to maintain appropriate
inventory levels for wine club shipments. Collaborate with Mark Herold and the Director of Sales & Marketing on projections for future production numbers to satisfy sales
• Housekeeping: Coordinating the cleaner for a weekly schedule. General up keep and cleaning as necessary during the week.
• Prior management experience strongly preferred
• Strong, positive leadership skills
• Ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task and follow up. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Enthusiasm for hospitality and excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Computer skills including Word, Excel, CRM. The ability to read and report financial statements a plus.
• Ability to work weekends or evenings as needed. Ability to travel when necessary.
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
• Wine knowledge.
Competitive compensation DOE
Employer paid medical
Paid vacation time
Monthly commission on wine sales
Wine club sign up bonus
Yearly wine club bonus