National Sales Manager
Lightpost Winery is looking for a proven, experienced National Sales Manager to join our small team, who will be passionate about our products, carries it on to the market and have necessary means to achieve and execute significant sale growth for the company.
We are award-winning boutique winery specializing on ultra-premium wines (Tasting room opened 4 months ago). We currently carry 2 labels, mostly Bordeaux and Rhone varietals from Central Coast. Current production aprox. 6,000 cases.
As we are on our first year of sales operations- it is unique opportunity to impact our operations to continue its growth path as successful business.
We are looking for a Candidate that will proves leadership in sales operations, approachable yet aggressive in delivering sales goals, meets profitability goals by winning new business, building relationship with distributors and national sales accounts with guidance of VP of Winemaking and Marketing and actively participates in business development along with Management team. This positional is important for our future growth with great opportunity to show your potential.
Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Participating in development, implementation and achievement of annual sales and accounts sold goals
• Develop, implement and execute sales programs and pricing strategy, including new sources of revenue
• Meet potential customers by growing, maintaining and leveraging sales network
• Develop and execute merchandising and distribution standards with our sales network, including DTC
• Build and maintain close working relationships with the top on and off premise accounts, both chain and independents and direct-to-consumers ( businesses included)
• Build and maintain close working relationships with key distributor sales reps, fields managers and management personnel. Maintain close relationship to key direct-to consumer customers.
• Order management, Perform credit and collection activities with customers
• Conduct mid-year and annual planning and review meetings with all distributors
• Daily distributor management responsibilities including monitoring of price points (including competitive set), orders, shipments, samples, training and POS management
• Conduct sales meetings on a consistent basis to communicate sales and marketing objectives and keep winery brands at the forefront of all distributor sales presentations
• Conduct quarterly market analysis surveys in all major markets
• Provide semi-monthly reports and accomplishments recap to Management
• Reports to VP of Winemaking and Marketing and oversees work of Tasting room manager, works closely with Owners and Marketing Coordinator
• Performing various duties and responsibilities related to marketing, sales and events
Requirements & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
3 years National Accounts Sales experience required.
Results-oriented, demonstrated success in growing wine business volume.
High level of integrity and confidence
Self-starter, structured with great organizational skills.
Attention to details a must, ability to prioritize tasks to achieve most efficiency and productivity
Experience in key account management and distributor engagement—ability to build and keep industry long-term strategic relationship
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Wine knowledge with good understanding of winemaking principles and basic vineyard operations
Clean driving record to meet insurance requirements, reliable transportation
*Position involves driving and travelling, some weekends and night required for customer meetings and events, deliveries.
• Able to Sit for an extensive period of time
• Lift occasionally up to 50 lbs (office materials, wine boxes)