The reputation of Heitz Cellar for seamless quality has contributed to the international stature of Napa Valley since the first bottle was produced in 1961. Our Martha’s Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, introduced in 1966, is unsurpassed in worldwide acclaim for its consistent balance and proven record of graceful aging. Heitz encompasses 425 acres of vineyard, strategically located in six of Napa Valley’s finest appellations: Oakville, Rutherford, Howell Mountain, St. Helena, Calistoga and Oak Knoll. This diversity of terroir and micro-climate allows remarkable latitude for experimentation and unmatched quality in all of our wines.
Heitz Cellar is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join our team as a Housekeeper across all of our facilities throughout Napa Valley. This is an exciting opportunity with a company dedicated to producing outstanding wines. The ideal candidate is a team player, loves to learn and is ready to join an iconic company poised to enter a new and exciting phase of growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow winery, department, and legally mandated safety policies and procedures
• Maintain a clean and orderly workspace and environment
• Make certain all equipment is operating in a safe manner
II. Essential Job Functions
• Perform a variety of daily cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
• Perform regular deep cleans of facilities including food prep areas and restrooms
• Locations to be cleaned include offices, employee break rooms and tasting rooms
• Ensure all locations are cared for and inspected according to established standards
• Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
• Notify supervisor of any damages, deficits and disturbances
• Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
• Check stocking levels of all consumables and cleaning supplies and replace when appropriate
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance when needed
• Handle all laundry, either in house or through an outside service
• Respond to a variety of service requests
• Help with set up and clean-up of events
• 5+ years of full-time work as a housekeeper in a commercial setting
• Dedication to confidentiality, professionalism, and maturity
• Good organizational and problem-solving skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Acute attention to detail
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
• Ability to calmly and thoughtfully solve problems.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Insurable driving record
Physical and Mental Requirements
• Full body mobility: Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hand tools, reach and raise hands above the head, climb stairs, kneel or crouch, talk, hear, and accurately taste and smell.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English
• Can sustain extended periods of standing or walking on concrete floors.
• Able to work irregular and variable hours and days.
• Capable of safely and effectively operating a variety of cleaning tools.