Wilson Daniels represents a highly selective portfolio of the world’s most distinctive producers. We are seeking for an Area Sales Manager - a self-motivated individual, who can assimilate into our culture, educate, motivate & cultivate the distributor teams with enthusiasm, knowledge, and integrity.
The Area Manager is accountable for the profitable achievement of sales objectives associated with their assigned market. This position with be result oriented focusing on sales goals and initiatives, profitability, marketing, and growing brand positions with distributors as well as the in the marketplace.
Area: Southern California (Orange Co., San Diego & Inland Empire)
- Work 75% of their time in the field with distributor sales force and on their own presenting our portfolio to key accounts and building new business with on, off premise as well as assisting with national account initiatives
- Develop new business relationships with decision makers while identifying potential customers and developing a business plan to reach them
- Ensure execution of the developed sales strategies, objectives, goals and targeted depletion and by partnering with distributors and key accounts in the specified market
- Area Managers are expected to promote brands and increase brand awareness by increasing brand visibility and conducting staff training / education programs within their accounts.
- Assess and analyze distributor team depletions and placements, and communicate progress to quarterly / yearly goal and build strategy to grow business
- Assist and participate in trade and consumer events
- Meets annual depletion, distribution and performance goals
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored
- Established working relationships with key accounts, distributors and distributor agents in given territory
- Professional, organized and ability to thrive in highly competitive environment
- Ability to make smart business decision based on growing sales, profitability and market shares
- Proven track record of successful selling
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills
- Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills and the ability to close sales
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experienced in selling domestic and international fine and luxury wine
- Brand building and outside sales experience is preferred
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT a must); experience using Diver is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule depending upon the needs of distributors and customers
- Distributor knowledge
- CSW certification or ability to obtain preferred
- Ability to successfully complete a background check
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to communicate with management, colleagues and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
Possess the ability to work with mathematical concept such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.