Full-time wine consultant position available for Green's in Atlanta, GA. Gain invaluable experience at one of the oldest and most venerable wine retailers in the southeast US, and which many previous consultants have parlayed into various higher-level positions within the wine trade. The position will work exclusively at the Ponce de Leon Ave location. Job duties, pertaining to the wine department, will include:
- Sales floor supervision & customer service assistance*
- Warehouse supervision*
- Administration & inventory
- Special orders oversight
- Special events detail
- Social media contributions
- Attendance at weekly staff tastings
* These duties invariably require the ability to lift ~40 lbs (in essence a case of wine)
Pay is hourly and very competitive, with consideration given for prior wine retail experience; there is also a quarterly wine bonus based off of wine sales, staff program incentives, as well as a yearly bonus. Health care options & 401K available.
- 21 years or older.
- Ability to pass a standard drug test & background check.
Candidates should possess:
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Schedule flexibility
- Wine knowledge relevant within a retail setting -
--Major grape varietals & wine styles
--Major wine regions