Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar.
In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2016. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American selections such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, and the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve. Fetzer Vineyards entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey and Bourbon.
We are looking for a Chain Director, National Accounts responsible for developing direct business partnerships with decision-makers at the national and regional level of assigned retail chain accounts that will result in innovative programs and incremental business growth. In this visible role, you will work in close alignment with distributor chain matrix as well as providing chain related support to Fetzer Vineyards’ sales team. This position reports to the VP of National Accounts.
This role has national responsibility for Target, Whole Foods Global (and Whole Foods regional offices liaison), Cost Plus World Market, Rite Aid, CVS National (and regional liaison), Amazon and emerging accounts. If you have a proven track record of growing business in national accounts and wish to combine that success with your interest in the wine industry, we want to hear from you.
This is a virtual, home office based role that can be based anywhere within the US. The ideal candidate resides in a major metropolitan area with close proximity to a major airport with slight preference to the following locations: Dallas, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois or Phoenix, Arizona. National travel will be approximately 50%.
You will work virtually out of your home office and travel extensively in order to grow and manage the business in assigned national/regional accounts and collaborate with distributors’ teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Take full accountability and have an ownership mentality of assigned accounts.
• Act in leadership capacity with internal and external stakeholders in order to drive profit, growth, and new business opportunities.
• Identify and create opportunities with full circle view that benefit stakeholders.
• Serve as resident expert in business channel(s).
• Conduct analyses and manage data in order to support business case.
• Communicate and coordinate chain related business initiatives serving as key focal point with Distributor Chain teams.
• Ensure execution of POS and deliver communication to appropriate stakeholders.
• Monitor and report results versus goals.
• Responsible for execution of plan through collaboration and communication with Fetzer Vineyards’ and distributors’ sales team.
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited college with a minimum five years related CPG headquarters account management, sales, category management experience or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Proven success in national/regional chain account sector within CPG industry.
• Experience working with chain buyers; established relationships preferred.
• Strong analytical skill set and ability to make business decisions utilizing industry data sources; i.e., Nielsen, IRI, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communicator who can articulate clear images and messages through words, public speaking and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the highest level of integrity.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Valid driver’s license, vehicle and insurance required.
• Overnight travel, weekend and evening work as required.
• Ability to travel nationally a minimum of 50% of the time.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
California operations include Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of farmed vineyard locations. The company employs over 300 across the United States.
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449 Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people located at the start of the Redwoods of Northern California. It is about a two-hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry: apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.