The District Manager is responsible for managing all on/off premise activities and programming within his/her designated accounts & distributors/brokers to ensure maximum market penetration, brand awareness and sell-through. The incumbent will implement various campaigns and point of sale materials in accordance with the business plan and nationally agreed upon promotions. The incumbent is expected to present / sell merchandising, shelf programs, and brand initiatives to his/her assigned distributor sales team that will increase distribution, achieve Terlato Wine Group’s objectives and increase consumer pull. This position is responsible for managing all sales within an assigned territory in order to continue to grow TWG’s portfolio of prestigious brands. The incumbent is expected to understand and embrace the Terlato family philosophy, passion and company culture. Territory is Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, and Orlando.
• Responsible for achieving sales goals in assigned geography for Wine, Spirits and Water by managing accounts and distributor relationships.
• Market Work (80%)
o Daily Field work –
• 100-125 account target list will be provided.
• Influencing distributor to execute on our brands in the assigned geography
o Responsibility includes 80% focus on improving the depth and breadth of distribution in on/off premise accounts. (4+ days a week in field, split with distributor work with and individual account calls).
o 80% On Premise Independent Accounts
o 20% Off Premise Independent Accounts to be named
o Maintains in-depth knowledge of Independent Accounts and happenings in the general market
o Problem Solving: uses strong market knowledge to head-off issues before they arise, and comes with solutions for issues that do arise.
o Supplier Relations – Producer Visits: leads the creation and execution of results-oriented Producer Visits in the market per Terlato guidelines
o Assists with distributor program execution
o Knowledge of competition (e.g. supplier alignments in all distributors in the market, new product launches, account activities)
o Keeps abreast of new competitive developments and provides feedback to Sales and Marketing teams.
o Monitors and evaluates the various performance indicators and identifies opportunities to further leverage the Terlato brands within the overall market.
o Conducts staff trainings in restaurants – may also back up National Account trainings where necessary
• Distributor Relationships (15%)
o Collaboration with distributor partners to execute sales goals that are consistent with TWG priorities, i.e., achieves sales quotas.
o Builds our business and gains share of mind with multiple contacts at distributors including Reps, District Managers, Category Specialists
o Weekly Team Meetings: Provides product training and assists in developing effective sales programs with Distributor sales Reps, Field Sales Managers and accounts
o Recommends to RM and executes effective programs to increase sales in assigned area.
• Administrative (5%)
o Completes accurate and timely reports.
o Proactively communicates information with customers, distributors and colleagues.
o Operates within assigned budgetary parameters.
• Reports to National Director of On Premise, dotted line to Regional Manager of Wine
• Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed sales goals.
• Problem Solving:
• Results Oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success.
• Judgment: Makes sound business decisions, in a timely, quality manner.
• Creativity: Inspires creative thought and “out of the box” ideas that grow the territory’s business.
• Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management. Maximizes company profitability and resources in the most effective manner.
• Leadership: Effectiveness in inspiring TWI to perform at maximum capability.
• Sales ability: Effectiveness in inspiring customers to purchase our products.
• Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Sales Management.
• Organization: adept at successfully managing many long-term and short-term projects at once
• Vision: can see and execute against the long view for attaining brand growth
• 3-5 years of experience in the wine/spirits industry
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Valid driver’s license
Personal Skills and Qualities
• Strong business acumen
• Technology Skills: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
• Commitment to Customers and Suppliers
• Competitive Urgency
For California Residents:
We may collect the following categories of personal information in connection with the submission of your resume or application materials to us for employment, and if hired, your employment with us: identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, birthdate, passport number); personal records (e.g., telephone number, signature, education information, criminal background information, travel information for interviews); biometric information (e.g., results of urine test); and professional or employment information (e.g., resume, employment history, background check forms, references). We may also draw inferences from the personal information we collect about you, such as information about your abilities and aptitudes.
The above categories of personal information are collected for the following business purposes: providing you services and benefits (e.g., recruitment, verifying your information, administering the hiring process); processing interactions and transactions (e.g., to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, managing the workforce); and security (e.g., detecting security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity).
For additional details and questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-901-1833.