Responsible for providing vision and strategic, financial and tactical leadership in the planning, execution, measurement and optimization of all aspects of hospitality and consumer direct sales and marketing activities and results, including Tasting Rooms, Wine Club, eCommerce, and Tele-Marketing/Sales. Through proven leadership capabilities and demonstrated track record of success, the Director, Sales & Hospitality will build, manage and drive the Hospitality and DTC business operations and staff to best-in-class performance results.
- Strategic, Tactical, Financial & Administrative:
o Provide executive level direction and oversight of all Tasting Rooms, Events, Trade, Wine Club, eCommerce, and Tele-Marketing/Sales functions.
o Drive P&L, budgeting and profitability development, planning, performance measurement and management across all departments.
o Identify current and future business issues and opportunities; Ensure that issues and opportunities are well understood, clearly defined and that viable solutions are successfully integrated into the Winery’s plans, products, programs and service offerings.
- Business Development:
o Provide planning and oversight of all VIP, trade and special event functions, both onsite and offsite.
o Lead planning and provide oversight for all community outreach efforts to create and foster the relationships required to drive traffic and events to the winery, including relationships with hotels, concierges, tour companies, event planners, luxury affinity groups and others.
o Identify and coordinate participation in, and staffing when appropriate, for all key wine competitions and local tasting events.
o Lead market intelligence gathering and monitoring of competitive landscape.
- People Management:
o Lead, manage, motivate, coach and mentor all Hospitality and DTC staff, including staff planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, firing, training, goal setting, assigning and directing work, performance management and measurement, and addressing / resolving problems.
o Drive Hosp / DTC teams’ professional development efforts to ensure that skills, knowledge, customer service capabilities and business acumen are continually being up-skilled to meet future business needs.
Viable candidates must possess a broad spectrum of leadership and management skills, and will have a proven track record of success in achieving Hospitality and DTC sales and marketing results that will immediately inspire confidence amongst the Winery’s existing leadership team.
Ideal candidates for this role are expected to bring a deep and broad understanding of luxury food, wine and luxury hospitality that was amassed over 10+ years of experience in luxury brand-driven businesses.
In addition, the ideal candidate will bring at least 5+ years of executive-level experience in these disciplines.
While not exhaustive, the following should be included in a viable candidate’s background:
- 7-10+ years of Hospitality/ DTC strategic and tactical sales and marketing planning and execution experience in winery/retail sales and hospitality / events.
- Proven ability to develop and motivate Hosp / DTC teams to achieve best-in-class results.
- Demonstrated track record of success in the development, planning and execution of strategies that will increase visitor counts and depth of purchase, as well as achieve sales and P&L / profitability objectives across all DTC channels of business.
- Proven forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis skills coupled with strong business acumen;
- High customer service standards.
- Excellent, clear and concise oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to interact professionally and courteously with guests and employees throughout all levels of the Winery.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Comprehensive knowledge of viticulture, winemaking, wine production and food and wine tasting.
- Hhigh level of proficiency in all MS Office applications, as well as POS, CRM and database management applications.
Given the high visibility of the DAOU brand, the company’s ambitious luxury business growth goals, and the DAOU culture, you must be smart, professionally mature, polished, trustworthy, likable leader who has their ego in check and who doesn’t take constructive feedback personally. You must dress, present and carry yourself with a sense of style, elegance and confidence... and speak articulately and be able to write clearly.
- Must be able to work on a computer, use the telephone and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- This position requires the individual can lift up to 45 pounds (i.e., a case of wine) and be able to climb stairs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
DAOU is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please follow the below apply now link to see the full job ad!