Tri-Vin Imports Inc. was founded in 1987 by seasoned industry pioneers with a shared passion for wine. At the outset, their mission was to discover and promote premium quality and high-value wines from around the world. They are a family owned and operated National Importer currently working throughout the U.S.A. with over 140 distributor partners.
As a national importer, Tri-Vin Imports continues to make a strong contribution to the growth of the industry by introducing the public to unique wines, while providing exceptional customer service to retailers, wholesalers, and distributors. Tri-Vin Imports strives to build close relationships with wine producers, provides them with innovative marketing strategies so that their products will stand out in an ever-crowded marketplace.
Tri-Vin Imports is seeking a Regional Account Manager responsible for overseeing sales of Tri-Vin Imports wines within their region. This role will focus on generating increased distribution and volume sales in key Off-Premise and On-premise accounts throughout the assigned market along with adding on new distributors to expand market share.
- Coordinate regional sales activities for Tri-Vin’s Domestic and Imported brands by setting distribution and sales goals and communicating those goals to the regional wholesaler’s account teams, managing inventory, and track depletions.
- Maintain and develop key account list and set yearly goals and targets for distribution and volume tailored to accounts under the direction of Director of Sales.
- Attend regional distributor meetings, provide pricing & programming information with regional directors input, communicate goals, provide product information, communicate marketing programs and accolades, and encourage goal achievement. Coordinate execution of product placement on shelf and wine lists and planner/program placements.
- Closely monitor and record sales within territory; create and analyze sales reports from data as needed. Utilize sales data to develop, implement and evaluate sales promotion activities to increase sales and/or profits.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager regarding regional promotions and/or incentives, new product introductions, packaging and label changes, and all other marketing related activities including representing Tri-Vin Imports at trade events; and other tasks as needed for the promotion and sale of Tri-Vin Imports brands.
- Adhere to annual budget provided for travel, transportation, promotional items and activities. Maintain expense account records and submit all receipts and reimbursements on schedule, as determined by the company accounting department.
- Develop, post and maintain monthly work schedules, listing daily locations and planned activities; update daily and/or weekly as needed.
- Complete other special projects, reports, and/or events as needs arise and as requested by either the winery President, National Sales Director, Vice President Sales, or National accounts team
- Comply with all company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
- Necessary Skills:
- Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet. Ability to calculate discounts, commissions, simple interest, and percentages.
- Ability to apply detail-oriented thinking to efficiently execute multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
- Possess intermediate computer skills including e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database activity, graphic. Must be proficient in MS Office including MS Word and presentations using PowerPoint.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; and/or 8 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
- Moderate physical activity including standing, walking, climbing. Requires occasional lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
- Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends and/or periodic evenings depending on sales activities.
- Position includes daily regional travel and can include extensive overnight travel and/or travel by auto or air.
- Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
- Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
Benefits: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and employee discounts.