Position Summary: The Regional Account Manager, French Imports has responsibility for overseeing Regional account sales of Boisset imported wines within an assigned geographic region. This role will focus on generating increased distribution and volume sales in key Off-Premise and ON-premise accounts throughout the assigned market. Duties include setting National/regional distribution and programming goals; developing and maintain key account target lists; developing and implementing key account yearly plans for distribution and volume; coordinating execution of product placement on shelf and wine lists and planner/program placements; interacting with the wholesale distributors’ sales teams; interacting with principals and buyers from key accounts; representing Boisset Collection at trade events; and other tasks as needed for the promotion and sale of Boisset brands.
• Coordinate regional sales activities for Boisset imported brands to include: setting distribution and sales goals and communicating those goals to the regional wholesaler’s account teams, monitoring authorizations and sales as needed, managing inventory, and track depletions.
• Maintain and personally call on the top account lists and targets by account with the oversight of Director of Sales
• Attend regional distributor meetings, provide pricing & programming information with regional directors input, communicate goals, provide product information, communicate marketing programs and accolades, and encourage goal achievement.
• Closely monitor and record sales within territory; create and analyze sales reports from data, as needed. Utilize sales data to develop, implement and evaluate sales promotion activities to increase sales and/or profits.
• Communicate regularly with key internal personnel including the Director of Sales,
National Chain director and VP ON-Premise regarding regional conditions and current sales levels. Prepare reports and other data as requested and on deadline.
• Work closely with Marketing Manager regarding regional promotions and/or incentives, new product introductions, packaging and label changes, and all other marketing related activities.
• Adhere to annual budgets: travel and entertainment, promotional items and activities; distributor incentives; trade incentives; office expenses, and all other regional expenses managed by Regional Director of Sales.
• Maintain expense account records and submit all receipts and reimbursements on schedule, as determined by the company accounting department.
• Develop, post and maintain monthly work schedules, using KARMA, listing daily locations and planned activities; update daily and/or weekly as needed.
• Complete other special projects, reports, and/or events as needs arise and as requested by either the winery President, National Sales Manager, Director of Sales, or National accounts team
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions. French language skills would be preferable
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet. Ability to calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, and percentages.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database activity, graphic arts and/or publishing. Must be able to prepare account presentations using PowerPoint.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; and 4 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone, office, and group conversation.
• Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic. Includes periods in autos, airplanes, retail, restaurant, entertainment venues, and/or lodging facilities.
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends and/or periodic evenings depending on sales activities.
• Position includes daily regional travel and can include extensive overnight travel and/or travel by auto or air.
• ***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and