The Staff Accountant is an experienced accounting professional with thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices, with a strong emphasis on the wine industry and winery practices.
• Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts, inter-companies’ dues
• Go-To person for day to day questions regarding proper systems and cash operations from our internal staff
• Review, obtain approval and upload all company distributor chargeback invoices
• Cross train on all modules for A/R, A/P, PA
• Preparation and posting of Journal Entries as needed
• Monthly review and reconciliation of General Ledger’s accounts and subsidiaries
• Ability to present training sessions to small groups of co-workers
• Have a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in the wine industry
• Possess a B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or similar field, from an accredited 4-year college or university.
• Be proficient with Microsoft Excel; pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros
• AMS knowledge a plus
• Highly organized with an eye for detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on deadline.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
• Positive attitude and self-starter with the ability to forge relationships and add value to Accounting team.
• Proven desire and ability to think creatively in role.
• Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Timely Recording Keeping in Workforce Now – ADP
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, financial reports, legal documents, and policies and procedures. Ability to write detailed reports and compile supporting data. Ability to effectively present information to management, clients, outside consultants, and other business contacts, and to facilitate meetings or training sessions as needed.
• Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations, equations, data or scientific analysis, statistical theory, and/or other functions. Ability to understand and apply concepts of algebra, calculus, and geometry. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess intermediate/advance computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database activity, graphic arts and/or publishing.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. May require lifting and moving objects up to 20 lbs. in weight. Clear vision, close and distant, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone and office level conversation.
• This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
• Primarily in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• Primarily a set weekday schedule but may require seasonal overtime.
Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2019.