We’re OperationsInc, a human resource consulting firm. A client of ours, Zachys – a leading international wine auction house www.zachys.com, is seeking a Junior Wine Specialist for their dynamic organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
The Junior Wine Specialist is responsible for cataloging and assessing wines for sale, managing auction consignments and developing and maintaining client relationships. This entry level position will also provide research and special project support as needed.
Key responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
• Assess wines onsite; approximately 50-60% will be spent in the onsite temperature-controlled warehouse assessing and cataloging wines for sale
• Travel to off-site locations for cellar inventories, consignment pickups and/or wine assessments; approximately 15-20% of the time
• Ensure the accuracy of each item being cataloged for sale
• Research inventory and property issues
• Manage consignor property and ensure that it goes into the catalog database in an accurate and efficient manner
• Develop and establish long term relationships with bidders and consignors
• Contact potential bidders with information regarding auction lots of interest
• Research wines for accurate pricing; provide written copy for catalogs such as tasting notes
• Provide support during auctions as needed (i.e., executing bids, attending sale room tasting bottle table, data entry, etc.)
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• 1-2 years within the industry
• Accreditation in WSET Level 2 (or higher) or sommelier training - required
• Must be a team player with a dynamic, outgoing personality; strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent organizational skills as well as a meticulous and detail-oriented nature
• A strong work ethic, a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast pace environment - required
• Must be able to travel as needed as well as work an occasional weekend auction
• Must be able to life and carry up to 40 lbs.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word & Outlook
Who you’ll report to:
• Alicia Martell (Director, Auction Operations) www.linkedin.com/in/alicia-martell-874aa835/
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume and your compensation requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE --- Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V