Located in Calistoga, Picayune Cellars & Mercantile is a négociant wine project that is expanding quickly. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, problem solver and passionate leader to help manage the tasting room and the mercantile store. This key position reports directly to the owner/ winemaker. This is a full-time role with exciting growth opportunities for the right candidate.
The candidate will successfully manage all aspects of the tasting room: hosting guests, manage staff and inventory accuracy, shipping orders, wine club management and tasting room merchandising.
Duties include but not limited to:
Oversee & Manage the tasting room operations
Schedule and staff the tasting room appropriately
Train and coach the staff
Enforce the tasting room policies & procedures.
Incentivize the staff to reach goals
Work with the owner on a yearly calendar of events
Increase quality traffic to the tasting room
Sell wines, wine club memberships and retail items
Fulfill orders, capture customer data
Create an outreach program
Work with the owner to organize the yearly schedule
Manage the club shipments from setup to delivery
Report to owner on club operations
Oversee Inventory management
Manage wine and retail inventory in Tasting Room, ordering as needed to perform daily operations
Receive retail items in inventory
Merchandise the store and window display
Maintain inventory accuracy
Monitor customer service feedback and provide a superior level of hospitality to all guests
• Tasting Room Management experience, including inventory and people-management
• Retail and merchandising experience is required
• Excellent hospitality, communication and sales skills
• Leadership skills and comfort upholding standards and policies
• Comfort using computer, office suites and POS systems
• Advanced wine knowledge with demonstrated ability to educate others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Extremely organized with ability to effectively prioritize tasks
• Proven ability to effectively train, manage and lead staff
• Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 40 lbs
• Must be 21 yrs old and available to work weekends.
• Existing Industry network
Salary Position. Wages depends on experience. Please email resume and cover letter for consideration.