If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
The Associate Marketing Manager and has a broad range of brand responsibilities that requires balancing business management, marketing program development and implementation, business analytics, project management and cross-functional team participation. This position is for an Associate Marketing Manager to work on the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Brand.
* Partner with Marketing Director/Manager in development of annual business plans
* Contribute to the development & execution of marketing programs designed to deliver the brands' annual volume & profit commitments, including national/regional promotions, public relations, social media, and events
* Assist Marketing Manager in ensuring the on-time & on-budget implementation of all aspects of key initiatives
* Clear, concise & persuasive written & oral communication to all multi-functional partners and audiences to achieve alignment and accurate execution of key initiatives
* Assist in functional team management with key internal and external groups, including promotions, digital marketing, promotional agencies, public relations, trade marketing, packaging operations, strategic insights and legal
Business & Project Management:
* Project Management: Manage execution of consumer promotions, merchandising materials, events, digital/social media assets, sales/education materials (e.g. sell sheets, tasting notes, iPad app) collaborating with internal and external cross-functional teams and agencies, with a high level of accountability for results and timelines
* Business Analytics: Analyze & interpret a broad range of brand performance & consumer purchase data, including shipment & depletion trends, IRI & market trends. Effectively consolidate analysis into top line learnings and provide recommended actions when necessary
* Manage tactical creative agencies and business partners in developing creative executions that support brand strategy (i.e. point of sale, Sales communications, social media, events
* Work closely with trade marketing and key sales teams to optimize marketing plan execution, build field sales credibility and market insights, and deliver impactful sales tools
* Assist Marketing Manager with brand budgeting, payments & budget reconciliation
* Prepare and present branded presentations to both internal and external audiences
* Nurture collaborative working relationships with all key teams (Operations, Sales, Promotions, Trade Marketing, Finance, Strategic Insights, PR, Events, Digital), working together to deliver on brand volume and profit objectives with initiatives that are creative, impactful and on-strategy
* Develop strong relationships with field sales to gain a better understanding of the business, acting as brand ambassador and offering appropriate support
* Work with customer service to address distributor and consumer inquiries/complaints
* Bachelor's degree required; Marketing concentration preferred; MBA a plus
* Minimum 2 years' experience in Brand Marketing preferred, Trade Marketing, and/or Promotions
* Analytical and financial management experience
* Excellent written and verbal skills; strong public speaking skills
* Accomplished project manager who can multi-task and effectively prioritize a large workload
* Creative thinker who is detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
* Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines, and effectively prioritize and manage them; strong attention to detail
* Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with growth opportunities
* Strong PC skills (in particular but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint), experience analyzing depletion and shipment data, familiarity with syndicated data tools (IRI, Nielsen, Millward Brown)
* A passion for and desire to be immersed in the wine business.
* Should be able to lift 40 lbs. on occasion
* Must have valid US passport
* Travel up to 10-15%, the wine industry is a hospitality-oriented industry, so availability to work weekends and evenings on occasion as required
San Francisco, California
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).