Bacchus & Venus is hiring a full-time (preferred) or part-time Tasting Room Associate. We are a family-owned tasting room and wine shop in historic Sausalito now under new ownership. For more than 17 years, we have specialized in hard-to-find high quality, low production California wines. We are located in the quaint tourist village of Sausalito in a prime high-traffic location.
The Tasting Room Associate will be a key member of the Bacchus & Venus team. This position is responsible for providing outstanding customer service in our tasting room, in-person wine sales, tasting room menu creation, stocking wine and merchandise, packing orders, and shop opening and closing duties. The Tasting Room Associate may also provide support for events, wine club, and online or telephone sales as needed. If hired as a full-time position, the position includes benefits such as medical insurance, paid sick and vacation time, employee wine and merchandise purchase discounts. Part-time benefits include paid sick and vacation time, employee wine and merchandise purchase discounts.
• Be an extraordinary team member willing to pitch in wherever needed
• Strong ability to share the story of each of our wines through the Bacchus & Venus tasting experience
• Sell wines and promote wine club membership
• A welcoming and cheerful disposition with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for wine and hospitality, with strong attention to detail and desire to learn
• Assist as needed with greeting guests, providing tasting experiences, and ringing sales
• Assist with order fulfillment and wine club guest service
• Keep wine shelves stocked, working area and glassware clean and organized
• Assist in set up, execution and breakdown of special events
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Operate a desktop computer using keyboard and mouse, employing repetitive arm and wrist motions
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
• Specific vision abilities require close and distance vision
• Sit and stand for long periods of time
• Occasionally bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch or climb stairs