The mission of the Director, Business Relationship Management is to transform key business processes into system-based solutions in conjunction with the executive and senior management of the company. Oversees the strategic working relationship between Information Solutions and other functions within the organization. Leads and manages the Business Relationship Manager team. Develops policies and procedures, process maps, project management methods, metrics and schedules in conjunction with the business. Acts as the PMO for the organization and has accountability for a strategic business domain. Reports to management on information systems projects, performance and related matters.
• Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
• Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures and develops the right people; "walk the talk & rdquo;
• Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
• Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined individual and group objectives; maintains level of productivity in unit
• Trains employees to do their job; sets standards for work performance
• Monitors performance and provides feedback to direct reports through formal and informal performance feedback; regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results
• Recognizes and addresses performance strengths and limitations of subordinates
• Manages employee attendance to ensure compliance with Company standards; approve/monitor overtime
• Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
• Develops staffing needs, selects new employees, makes recommendations in job evaluation and compensation, recommends termination actions
• Conducts team meetings with department employees; includes monthly safety topic
• Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
• Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
• Prepares and monitors department budget
Interfaces with senior and executive leadership recommending improvements, efficiencies and effective system solutions
Actively participates in IS Leadership Team to develop and maintain department charter, annual strategic planning, governance reviews, departmental processes and support
Assists VP-IS with creation and communication IS plans, policies, roadmaps, and technology initiatives throughout the Enterprise, while ensuring compliance with corporate policies
Contributes to technology planning that is in line with organizational priorities, including consulting with IS Leadership Team, vendors and departments, facilitating meetings, developing and managing an IS budget, and facilitating decision processes
Tracks project milestones and deliverables, prepares and monitors reviews and adjusts project plans, and is the escalation point for project issues
Establishes and manages the IT portfolio of the organization, preparing long term planning and recommendations for new application delivery vehicles in conjunction with other internal technical resources
Works as liaison among departments to support IS project completion and to meet business needs
Identifies and acts upon opportunities to improve communications at all levels and in all directions
Displays an excellent ability to facilitate cross-functional communication including the ability to identify and resolve conflict
Solicits feedback and evaluates and monitors client or customer satisfaction to improve the quality of services
Develops Project Performance Plan and KPI's and monitor department's progress toward continuing improvement
Communicates regularly with internal and external customers in order to ensure the delivery of high quality systems and application documentation
Assists Business Process Owners in the design of process workflows to maximize the potential of the installed software and supporting technologies
Researches, evaluates, and recommends emerging technologies and prepare business cost/benefit analysis for implementation consideration
Understands system validation and documentation in a regulatory environment
Acts as a cross-functional business consultant to team members during system development
Seeks out and executes on opportunities to expand knowledge of departmental operations beyond normal requirements or expectations
Identifies gaps in core competencies and effectively uses development strategies to augment business and application knowledge, skills and abilities within the group
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
MBA preferred, or BS in Computer Science with equivalent experience.
10 plus years in Information Technology environment to include experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, Manufacturing and/or Sales/Marketing specialty, project and portfolio management with 8+ years team management/supervisory experience. CPG experience a must, spirits and wine CPG a plus.
Excellent leadership skills, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. Ability to assess and document business benefits to be derived from information and telecommunication technologies. Strong skills in Business Domains, cross-functional processes, project management, particularly in ERP modules, and good business acumen. Experience with business process road mapping, evaluating business system skills, and process decomposition.
Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships.