The Human Resources (HR) Manager role is expected to successfully contribute to Constellation Brand's mission to Build the Best Organization by continuously reinforcing HR's role as a strong, trusted business partner that positively influences organizational effectiveness. Acting as a key business partner to Corporate functions at Constellation, the HR Manager role will deliver programs and services across the employee life-cycle, with the goal of enhancing performance at the individual and team level. The HR Manager plays a key role in identifying and executing talent priorities that support organizational goals and serves as an advisor to management and staff on performance, career development and all other employee related matters. Success in this role is a demonstrated by a solid understanding of business metrics and goals, a strong presence and engagement with client groups, front end involvement in decisions that involve our people, and ability to act as confidential counsel to management and employees.
* Serve as visible and informed business partner, acting as an advisor and coach to management and staff on matters related to our people
* Partner with management to implement solutions to talent and organizational issues
* Play a key role in identifying and executing talent priorities that align with the client group's business goals, including translating divisional HR strategy into strategy for assigned client groups
* Ensure management is up-to-date on all people-related programs and processes
* Proactively manage positive and efficient communication across teams, including coaching management on effective communication strategies, including handling difficult conversations
* Assist on strategic people projects and execute HR priorities and/or initiatives for client groups supported
Delivery of HR Programs and Services
* In partnership with HR Centers of Excellence, Facilitate, advise and execute all programmatic HR activities, including; Performance Management and Goal Setting, Annual Compensation Programs, Talent and Succession Planning, Talent Acquisition and Internship Program, Benefits and Wellness, Engagement and Recognition, and Talent Development offerings
* Complete routine HR activities for individual employees, including job changes and promotions, compensation changes, hiring, terminations, etc.
* Proactively manage positive employee relations through the implementation, monitoring and consistent application of company policies, procedures and Federal, State, and local regulations
* Perform employee investigations and partner with Legal team to recommend next steps/solutions as necessary, including creating and delivering progressive discipline documents
* Manage the interactive process in collaboration with the Legal and Benefits departments
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 5+ years of Human Resources Generalist and/or Organizational Development experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, psychology, or other related field preferred
* Master's Degree in Business Administration, Labor Relations, or Human Resources Management a plus
* Must be able to handle highly confidential information
* Demonstrated ability to be successful in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated ability to be a change agent for key initiatives
* Must be an outgoing, high energy and creative individual who can work well with employees at all levels Company-wide
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish assignments, with minimal supervision
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong presentation and analytical ability
* Highly proficient in Microsoft applications
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).