The Accounts Receivable Specialist provides financial support to our winery, sales and management team. They will be a direct liaison with DSS Sales Team and Domestic Distributor Partners for information related to credit memos. Supports month-end close and special projects as requested.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes credit memos associated with promotions, programs, samples, displays, POS, etc. to make sure they are recorded in an accurate and timely fashion;
• Coordinates new customer setup and credit applications, monitors AR aging and credit holds when necessary;
• Reconciles accounts receivable; prepares and distributes collections and aging reports;
• Maintains credit history files; reviews and approves credit limits; responds to credit inquiries;
• Assist with data input and updates to Tradeparency Pricing System to ensure timely decision making;
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and processing local deposits;
• Oversees maintenance of accounts receivable files and records;
• Processes broker and distributor commissions;
• Assists with AP as required;
• Maintains compliance with DSS policies and procedures as well as all state and federal laws;
• Works successfully as part of a team and is responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers;
• Attends staff meetings and training; and performs general office tasks as required;
• Performs special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
• Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent education;
• Basic Accounting knowledge;
• Proficient in computers with emphasis in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience highly desired;
• 10-Key by touch;
• Ability to discreetly handle highly confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of same;
• Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving, time-management and organizations skills; must be able to prioritize workload and multi-task;
• Professional, efficient and detail-oriented;
• Must have initiative, enthusiasm, be self-motivation and work well with others.
• Requires ability to use up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects;
• Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time;
• Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties.