Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 by Barney Fetzer in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar. In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine.
Based in Healdsburg, the Sr. Brand Manager will lead the growth of established and developing brands including but not limited to our flagship brand, Fetzer. Reporting to and collaborating with the Director of Marketing, you will focus on strategic planning and tactical execution of marketing initiatives in order to keep Fetzer Vineyards’ wines relevant and current with our consumers and top of mind for distributors. You will work closely with Winemaking, Sales, Production, Design/Marketing Team, and media and creative sources in order to create awareness within the trade, media and consumer segments. In addition, you will serve as the focal point between Fetzer Vineyards and some external teams handling our exports by fielding requests, ensuring they receive updated information, and coordinating updates and materials.
• Lead the development and execution of marketing plans/programs for assigned brands to increase distribution, sales growth and consumer awareness.
• Collaborate with Winemaking, Operations, Sales, Finance and external agencies to maximize brand performance and business opportunities.
• Identify market and product opportunities, develop and execute plans leveraging category insight, sales and depletion figures in collaboration with the Business Intelligence team.
• Manage the launches of new products, packaging and marketing initiatives with the internal sales team, distributors, customers and consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Brand Strategy, Development and Execution
• Develop and execute annual brand plans to meet business and brand financial targets. This includes product, pricing, marketing plans, packaging development, sales and distribution tracking.
• Act as category resource and communicate key drivers for product performance, identifying competitive advantages and positioning opportunities for brands.
• Work with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute annual and three year brand plans including portfolio management, national programs, advertising, point of sale, presentations, events and social media/digital strategies.
• Assist with execution of brand initiatives including new product launches, product enhancements and margin improvement initiatives. Work with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of business objectives.
• Primary contact for appointed agencies (PR, digital, social media, packaging) to ensure brand and business needs are being met.
• Be a brand champion creating internal and external enthusiasm for the product line.
• Monitor, analyze and interpret market data to identify trends and opportunities, developing strategic and tactical brand initiatives.
• Ongoing analyses of depletions, shipments and IRI data for in-depth knowledge of brand and business health.
• Understand, anticipate, and translate consumer demand (through consumer feedback, market research, and category & competitive analyses) to identify unmet consumer needs and develop unique brand and product & category opportunities.
• Work with the Business Intelligence team to deliver regular, compelling insights and tools for distributors and retailers.
• Annual budget proposal and ongoing budget management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an emphasis in Marketing or related field with five or more years experience in marketing, social media, and/or brand management, or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Proven project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects at a time with mastery of details and a high level of precision and business acumen.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• In-depth understanding of the Company's current products and future concepts.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Professional judgment and discretion.
• Budget-management skills and proficiency.
• Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time.
• Wine industry experience, a plus. Open to CPG or other industries.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
Fetzer Vineyards’ California winery operation includes Mendocino County winery, production and over 1000 acres of vineyard locations. The company employs nearly 330 across the United States.
Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American wines such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, as well as the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve. Recently, Fetzer Vineyards entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey.
Let’s get the conversation going so that you can start your new role in the New Year, or before.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry by applying online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com