Based in the Napa Valley, Crimson Wine Group crafts benchmark wines from exceptional vineyards in premier wine-growing regions throughout the U.S. Crimson owns and manages approximately 1,000 acres of plantable vineyard land across six distinct regions. Crimson’s diverse collection of exceptional domestic estates and wine brands includes Pine Ridge Vineyards (Napa, Calif.), Seghesio Family Vineyards (Healdsburg, Calif.), Archery Summit (Dayton, Ore.), Chamisal Vineyards (San Luis Obispo, Calif.), Double Canyon (West Richland, Wash.), Seven Hills Winery (Walla Walla, Wash.) and Malene Wines (Santa Barbara County, Calif.).
This position will be an integral resource within the Finance Team of Crimson Wine Group. The position is primarily responsible for assisting in the monthly close process, maintaining General Ledger accounts, completing account reconciliations, analyzing business transactions as well as assisting with Financial Reporting and providing back-up and technical support to the AP and AR position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
• Assist with monthly close and reporting process
• Prepare and process general journal entries, inventory adjustments, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, as necessary
• Responsible for accounting for bank activities and reconciliation of all cash accounts
• Administer company purchasing-card (credit card) program, assisting users, reconciling and recording activities
• Prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts
• Preform general account analysis, as assigned
• Monthly reconciliation of merchant fees charged by credit card processing companies
• Maintain the Fixed Asset sub-ledger:
- preparation for fixed asset additions, disposals, and transfers and asset tracking responsibilities
- fixed asset roll-forward reconciliation
- fixed asset internal reporting (CAPEX)
• Monthly reconciliation of AR & AP sub-ledgers to general ledger
• Assist with maintaining internal controls
• Updating accounting schedules, as assigned
• Assist with special projects to improve operating efficiency of department
• Assist with monthly management reporting on Financial Statements, as needed, providing schedules, etc.
• Perform variance analysis to budget and prior periods to ensure transactions are captured appropriately
• Prepare monthly operating expense reports for distribution to department heads
• Perform additional ad hoc reporting as necessary
• Prepare PBC schedules and respond to inquiries to assist with annual audits and quarterly reviews performed by external auditors
• Prepare and file California sales and use tax returns
• Prepare and file other misc. reports; such as business personal property tax
Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
• Senior Accountant will provide back-up support for the AP and AR roles, as needed
• Prepare misc. receipts and customer checks for deposit
• Record payments and review accounts, make collection calls as necessary
• Upload positive pay information for disbursements to bank
• Enter wire transfers in bank
• New Vendor & Customer set up, as needed
EDUCATION TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• BA / BS in Accounting required
• General understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
• 2+ years of experience in general accounting
• Intermediate to advanced Excel Skills
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and research skills.
• Ability to multi task and respond quickly and accurately to demanding situations with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong work ethic
• Attention to detail and accuracy, with a high level of integrity.
• Effective communication skills, verbal and written, with employees and external parties at all levels.
• Strong team orientation and passion for working with cross functional departments
• Passion and curiosity for continuous process improvement.