Cellar Door Specialist
Part-time: Friday-Sunday, some Mondays.
Potential to develop into a position with more hours and responsibilities.
The following reflects the definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet all visitors to the winery and pour wines for tasting.
• Create a positive experience for the guests.
• Describe the wines, grape varietals and winery; answer visitors’ questions about the wines.
• Provide general tourist information.
• Handle routine sales transactions which include operating the cash register and accounting of daily sales.
• Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the facilities.
• Represent the winery at outside functions as needed.
• Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the winery and its wines.
• Assist, when necessary, in the general outdoor maintenance of the grounds.
• Some labeling and/or boxing for shipping of wines to customers.
• Assist with packaging and/or boxing of wines for wine club distributions.
• Stock the bar and/or the chiller on a regular basis.
• Set up/clean up for wine club events and/or winery events.
• Attend monthly staff meetings for training.
• Attend wine tastings for educational purposes.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of wine club events and/or winery events.
• Assist in the planning, organization and preparation of special projects for the organization.
• Promote our wine club program.
• Attend and participate at wine club distribution parties and events.
• Contact wine club members regarding orders, card updates and/or special events via telephone and/or email.
• Wine related experience necessary.
• Knowledge of wines and wine production needed, although training will be available.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards for customer service.
• Proficient on the computer (familiar with POS systems, Microsoft Office, WineDirect).
• Excellent oral communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate with wine club members via telephone and email.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Excellent written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate with wine club members.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and poise.
• Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to solve guest related issues.
• Demonstrate ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, and the willingness to adhere to said instructions.