Participates in various initiatives including supplier development, cost reduction, new product initiatives, and variance reporting. Duties involve placing purchase orders to meet MRP requirements, coordinating new supplier qualification efforts, overseeing packaging changes, and partnering with Category Managers to obtain bids in the most cost effective, reliable and efficient manner. Responsible for procurement of component packaging dry goods.
* Support the supply chain and production process by entering purchase orders into Constellation Brands' ERP system.
* Perform ad hoc spend analysis and other reports as requested by Management.
* Perform monthly shipment and production reconciliations.
* Work with supplier base to develop dry goods component production requirements and demand forecasts.
* Identify and implement cost savings opportunities to meet savings targets.
* Actively participate in the launch of new products.
* Analyze data of various purchasing measures (variance, spending, etc.) and develop programs for optimizing same.
* Assists in annual preparation of the packaging cost standards budget.
* May coordinate issuance of packaging claims and negotiates resolution with suppliers.
* Works with Purchasing Manager to develop vendor qualifications and evaluation criteria. Periodically evaluates vendor performance and carries out necessary action to maintain a good supplier base.
* Handle invoice discrepancies, over shipments, delivery shortages, defective materials, etc.
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
* All other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field or equivalent work experience
* 2-5 year experience in buying components or parts, preferably in a Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturer
* Combination education and work experience will be considered
* Strong proficiency in MS Office suite of products, particularly Excel
* Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
* Full understanding of MRP and ERP systems
* Strong analytical skills, including an understanding of statistics
* General supply chain knowledge and experience
* General understanding of categories to be managed (packaging, POS, MRO, IT)
* Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to climb stairs.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).