We are an aggressively expanding preowned equipment sales business focused on the wine and beverage industry. We are currently looking for a Sales Manager who can partner with our Sales Business Manager to achieve aggressive sales goals. This position provides an excellent opportunity for organizational growth for the right candidate. The Sales Manager will play a large role in maintaining our reputation for excellent service and superior customer satisfaction.
We are searching for a self-motivated, ambitious, problem solving sales professional with significant industry experience to join our team focused on prospecting, working with existing clients, and exploring new business opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively identify new customers and new project opportunities.
• Engage with industry partners, such as Winery&Vineyard Managers and Beverage Industry influencers.
• Consult with potential customers regarding their equipment needs.
• Build relationships and effective partnerships with both buyers and sellers of preowned equipment.
• Utilize pricing and promotion strategies in buying and selling equipment.
• Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to provide an excellent customer experience.
• Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence through effective written, electronic and verbal means.
• Respond to emails and phone calls from management, external customers and internal customers in an expedient fashion.
• Work in a fast-paced environment without direct daily supervision.
• Plan, conduct and participate in sales meetings. Design and implement sales strategies and programs.
• Assist Sales Business Manager in making customer calls and account management.
• Travel, as required, to meet with buyers and sellers of equipment and assess their needs.
• This person must, at times, drive long distances to customer locations.
• College degree, preferably in wine business, marketing, or related business program, or several years of successful sales experience.
• 5+ years in wine or beverage industry.
• Expertise in knowing the function and operation of winery or beverage process equipment.
• Experience showing versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
• Active participation in trade industry groups is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Knowledge of winery or other beverage processes.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter, ambitious personality, accountable and action oriented.
• Ability to connect with customers, navigate corporations to identify key decision makers and manage detailed equipment negotiations.
• Ability to work with management, colleagues and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong leadership skills.