This position assists in designing and delivering shopper insights and analytics across Constellation Brands Beer and Wine & Spirits divisions. This role supports the storytelling behind the beer shopper's decision making across channels within the Off-Premise (including eCommerce), the identification of analytics and actions that will drive planning and KPIs that enables simple, fact-based selling across our National Accounts and Independent sales teams. The Senior Analyst collaborates closely across key cross functional partners --- sales, marketing, and growth teams to provide support to the Shopper Insights team. This role reports to the Manager of Shopper Insights & Analytics.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide shopper expertise to brand teams, retail marketing and sales organization by uncovering and answering strategic business questions. Support the Manager in being the Beer Shopper Subject Matter Expert to the organization. Champion fact-based selling and strategic initiatives are grounded in shopper and channel insights that propel the business.
* Support Manager in developing a category centric learning agenda that addresses the highest impact opportunities and complex challenges facing the Beer, Wine and/or Spirits shopper. Assist in the delivery and execution of multiple research and modeling projects. Share all insights and recommendations with the What, So What and Now What implications.
* Access and interpret data from the Constellation tool set (IRi, CSIA, Kantar, etc.) in conjunction with custom research to answer strategic business questions. Facilitate usage of tools across the category management and sales organizations.
* Collaborate across Shopper Insights & Analytics team to deliver a holistic story to drive change. Along with Business Intelligence counterparts, aim to connect the dots across consumer, shopper and analytic projects to provide the highest impact.
* Drive implementation of actionable insights and recommendations by working closely with the National Accounts and Sales Enablement teams on strategic projects and tasks force. Identify and elevate barriers within the organization to produce changes and meet the needs of the marketplace.
* Establish and develop collaborative relationships with internal and external business partners. Hold vendors to high standard of research in methodologies, service and analysis.
The position reports directly to the Manager, Shopper Insights and Analytics.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Demonstrated 4+ years of experience in Business Strategy, Insights, Analytics or Category Management functions.
* Well-grounded in fundamentals of syndicated market intelligence sources and research and analytic methodologies, including both qualitative and quantitative.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; expertise in translating results from analyses into insights and actionable recommendations.
* Proven experience in collaborating cross-functionally to develop ideas and strategies for a common goal.
* Ability to develop relationships and work within a team structure, while also having the ability to work independently.
* Experience in managing vendors such as IRi, Nielsen, etc. including advanced analytic approaches and multi-faceted research methodologies.
* Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, along with solid business and financial acumen.
* Strong PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), syndicated database experience (IRI or Nielsen).
* Successful candidate will be highly motivated with the desire to grow within the organization.
* Prefer beverage alcohol experience in a strategy, insights, or consumer analytics role
* Understanding of the three-tier distribution system
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Physical Requirements: Requires the ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. It also requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment, reading, talking and hearing for extended periods of time.
* Travel Required: Must be flexible in work style and schedule: travel up to 20%.
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
San Francisco, California
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).