Spirit Works Distillery is a craft distillery in Sebastopol, CA seeking a full-time Brand Ambassador/Sales Manager, based in Northern CA. We are a ‘grain to glass’ facility run by a small, dedicated, and passionate team. We are a very small company and this position operates independently. The applicant can expect to execute all matters of Sales from higher-level distribution management to boots on the ground account visits and events.
The Brand Ambassador/Sales Manager will work closely with distributor partners developing growth and velocity in key on and off-premise accounts, as well as providing support as needed at the distillery.
This role will be instrumental in working alongside our distribution partners, as it is an independent role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop relationships with distributor managers, broad market and chain sales teams
• Coordinate team meetings with distributor partners to present initiatives in order to drive distribution, improve visibility and increase sales
• Educate distributor personnel in understanding the culture, long-term objectives and strategy of SWD
• Work closely with Distributor Managers and reps in market on a weekly basis.
• Create KPIs for yourself that are attainable and ambitious
• Be present in market to update target account lists with key accounts, new openings, etc.
Strategy Development, Implementation & Reporting
• Must be able to manage time effectively
• Create sales plans, including market objectives, pricing strategies, account action plans, and volume driving initiatives
• Create and manage quarterly and yearly sales budgets
• Develop customized key account programs that drive sales volume
• Work closely with the SWD Brand Manager to develop market strategies
• Organize and present sales reports, market feedback, and results every month to SWD management
• Provide feedback and strategy, concerning brand positioning, competitive activities and market trends
• Complete monthly reporting and expenses according to company policy
• Update CRM (Lilypad) in real time, detailing accounts visited, accounts sold, back-bar placements made, menu placements made, etc.
• Identify market opportunities and consumer needs
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key account owners, buyers, managers, wait staff, and bartenders in on and off-premise accounts
• Make regular sales calls to designated on and off-premise accounts to cultivate customer relations
• Drive distribution through cocktail and menu placements
• Organize and execute staff trainings, consumer tastings, and relevant events in market to maintain and grow brand recognition
• Must be a passionate and charismatic presenter.
• Travel regularly for sales outreach
• Based out of the Bay Area in Northern California
• 3+ years beverage marketing/sales experience
• Distributor negotiation and management experience
• Excellent Communication skills
• Proven record of achieving sales and revenue goals
• Ability to manage budgets and provide timely, concise reporting
• Analytic capabilities
• Experience in promotional marketing and event execution
• Demonstrated public-speaking, presentation and writing skills
• Creative thinker
• Self-starter, excellent execution and time management skills; strong attention to detail with ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Experience with influential customers and/or channel management experience
• Passion and knowledge of hospitality and craft cocktail culture
• Clean driving record
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Based on experience
• Full health and dental benefits
Please provide a cover letter and resume (and if you're so inclined - your favorite cocktail).