The Financial Controller is primarily responsible for the Company’s record keeping activities by completing data entry for financial transactions, creating reports and reconciling accounts to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in general accounting, cost accounting, debt compliance reporting and tax and possess strong skills in each of these areas. This candidate should be detail-oriented and hands-on. Experience in the food and beverage manufacturing industry is highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Compliance Duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for winery compliance reporting to meet ABC, TTB, local, state, federal and other agency regulations
• Preparation of California sales and use tax returns including associated sales and out of state account reconciliations.
• Prepares all documentation for annual/periodic external tax audits, reviews, and returns.
• Responsible for preparing accounts and records for the annual review of the company financial records. The incumbent Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed-upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the findings of the external CPAs.
• Business Property tax statements
Costing Duties include but are not limited to:
• Prepare monthly costing report for winery inventory and record journal entries.
• Manage Grape contract schedules and reconciles actual tons and dollars by grower, to contracted amounts and budgeted amounts.
Inventory Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assures that inventories are properly processed, tracked and reported.
• Coordinates and verifies inventory records utilizing the warehouse management system.
• Facilitate accurate inventory counts including records of audits, counts and adjustments.
• Research and analyzes inventory and cycle count discrepancies to find the root cause of the error.
• Ensure that large dollar/ quantity adjustments are properly communicated to ownership.
Accounts Payable and Receivable Duties include but are not limited to:
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Receivable tasks as completed by Accounting Assistant.
General Accounting Duties include but are not limited to:
• Day-to-day management of the all accounting functions, which includes GL, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Cash Management, Debt Compliance, Tax, and Financial Reporting.
• Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing procedures, reconciliations, worksheets and reports.
• Resolves accounting discrepancies.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations including resolving discrepancies.
• Coordinate fixed asset reporting to external accountant.
• Reviews Tasting Room and Wine Club sales for timeliness and accuracy
Other Duties include but are not limited to:
• Act as backup for bi-weekly payroll processing and new hire processing
Requirements and Skills Necessary for the Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 5 years relevant experience for a mid-size company is required
• 2 - 3 years accounting experience in the Manufacturing, Wine or Spirits industry required
• Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of VinX2 preferred
• Knowledge of winery compliance regulations preferred
• Accuracy and attention to detail are a must
• Strong self-management and organizational skills with the added ability to take initiative, and work under pressure
• Able to work independently, as well as inter-departmentally. Able to work well as a part of a team.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized, accurate, detail and multi-task oriented.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• CPA or CMA a plus
Rack & Riddle is an EOE and a drug free workplace.