Offering more than two decades of management expertise, PlumpJack has built a solid, respected brand, with a portfolio of properties that includes wineries, restaurants, bars, retail and resorts. We are growing our team and adding opportunities in our Winery Division Accounting Department located in Oakville.
At PlumpJack, we believe in three core business principles:
• Honesty: living the truth and acting with integrity
• Approachability: being welcoming, genuine and unpretentious
• Passion: having enthusiasm for all that we do
This philosophy guides our team at every level and helps us deliver exceptional service, whether it's helping a customer pick the perfect bottle of wine, making guests feel welcome at one of our restaurants, or in creating and supporting the brand behind the business.
Senior Accountant is a position that requires assisting in the maintenance of the various books of accounts, supporting schedules, and the timely production of the semi-monthly payroll & monthly financial statements and other reports as assigned. This position will have the opportunity to grow into a supervisor capacity and beyond with time, systematic training, and sufficient self-ambition.
Financial Statements and General Ledger:
• Requires detail and accuracy of all ledgers, journals and other accounting records
• Continuous audit of all accounts, records and transactions
• Preparation of recurring and non-recurring journal entries as assigned.
• Assists in preparation of the notes to the financial statements
• Balance Sheet reconciliations as assigned
Accounts Payable Processing:
• Processing of incoming mail
• Invoices out for approval routing & follow-up
• Coding & Posting of Invoices
• AP Check Issuance
• Vendor Inquiry & follow-up
• Vendor Statement Reconciliation
Accounts Receivable Processing:
• Daily processing of check receipts.
• Order entry and communication to warehouse for Wholesale & FOB orders
• Invoicing of shipped orders
• Preparation of weekly aging reports with collection follow up as needed
• Settlement of daily credit card transactions
• Monthly inventory reconciliation
• Assist with timecard audit
• Conduct payroll processing semi-monthly with accuracy and detail
• Produce various earnings upload files using supporting documentation
• A college degree in Accounting or its equivalent professional experience required.
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in Winery/Hospitality Accounting or a related field.
• Moderate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Moderate level of proficiency in ADP Workforce Now a plus
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Strong understanding of core accounting concepts
• General Ledger experience
• Data entry with high level of detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Must have good judgment, versatility, flexibility
• Must be able to maintain composure and accurately complete tasks and deadlines under pressure and with interruptions
• English fluency required
• Standing/walking approximately 20% of shift
• Sitting at desk approximately 80% of shift
• Ability to work on/through computer approximately 90% of shift
• Ability to use and communicate on telephones, daily
• Occasionally required to handle and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. over short distances